1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual Festival Assaults Children

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by lifeandliberty, Oct 3, 2006.

1. lifeandliberty

lifeandliberty New Member

Life and Liberty Ministries asks that you let your voice be heard!

WARNING! THIS CALL TO ACTION CONTAINS OBSCENE AND OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!

Gay Pride Virginia presented its Pride Fest at the 17th Street Farmers Market in the City of Richmond on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2006.

Life and Liberty Ministries was there to share the Gospel with the attendees.

The event sponsors stated the following on the Gay Pride Virginia website,

"The event will be family friendly so feel free to bring the kids for face painting, balloons and magic! Vendors and food and beverage stands
    and will be set up throughout the marketplace for shopping along with many other attractions and activities that will cater to all members of
    the GLBT community."

There were many children in the crowd and near the stage as one of the performers, a cross dressed man by the name of Lady Bunny, presented
    the most obscene and vulgar performance I have ever witnessed.

During the performances, many crude statements such as the following were made.

Visit [PM member for link] to read quotes from the homosexual performer. The quotes are obscene
    and offensive.

This is just a small sampling of the obscene statements were said from the stage in the presence of children at this event that was touted as being open to children. Many children were at the event with homosexual couples and other irresponsible parents.

Even the Richmond Times Dispatch ran an article stating the following,

"If the political conversations at the Gay Pride Virginia Festival didn't move people, the upbeat and often-vulgar musical medley from drag artist Lady Bunny probably did the trick.

In clear platform heels, a sparkly dress and sky-high blond hair, Lady Bunny's voice carried over the crowd that filled the 17th Street Farmers' Market yesterday afternoon."

On numerous occasions several Richmond Police Officers were approached and asked to do something to protect the children who were being
    subjected to the vulgar display and they simply told us that if we didn't like it, we could leave.

"Gay Pride Virginia says that this was to be their "first annual" event. For the sake of the innocent children that were exposed to such vile
    filth, I sincerely hope it's their last," stated Dennis Green, Director of Life and Liberty Ministries

Please contact the following Officials to express you outrage at this lack of concern for innocent children by the homosexual community and the City of Richmond.

Mayor Douglas Wilder
    900 E. Broad St.
    Room 201
    Richmond, VA 23219
    T) 804.646.7970
    F) 804.646.7987
    [email protected]

City Council

President G. Manoli Loupassi
    [email protected]

William J. Pantele
    [email protected]

Chris A. Hilbert
    [email protected]

Kathy C. Graziano
    [email protected]

E. Martin Jewell
    [email protected]

Ellen Robertson
    [email protected]

Delores Mcquinn
    [email protected]

V. President Jackie Jackson
    [email protected]

Eugene A. Mason
    [email protected]

City Attorney
    Norman Sales
    900 E. Broad Street, Room 300
    Richmond, Virginia 23219
    Telephone: 804-646-7969
    Fax: 804-646-6653
    [email protected]

Commonwealth's Attorney
    Michael Herring
    400 N. 9th Street, Suite 100
    Richmond, Virginia 23219
    Telephone: 804-646-3500
    Fax: 804-225-8406
    [email protected]

Thank you,

Dennis Green
    Life and Liberty Ministries
    P.O. Box 862
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    804-492-9216
    www.lifeandlibertyministries.com

#1 lifeandliberty, Oct 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Wow! That was obscene (even though you have to know enough to fill in the blanks). The link to that site seems inappropriate for this family-friendly one.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Haven't seen it, so cannot really comment on any obscenity ("drag artist", may be offensive, but not obscene), but there is no direct link posted on the BB! So let's not jump through a hoop here or get one's nose out of joint. One has to PM the member for the link, or make a second linkeage, and I would assume one does it with eyes wide shut, given the OP.

Ed

#3 EdSutton, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me, you don't want to read it.

A moderator must have taken the link off, because it was there yesterday.

Unfortunately, I read it, thinking, "how bad could it be if children were there...." and let me tell you this.....

They were probably the most obscene three "jokes" I have ever heard. Even though the foul words were typed like this, (potty mouth = p**** m****), it was quite unnerving!!!!! I don't even remember reading the third one, because I couldn't get past the offensiveness of the first two.

They were not the garden variety "dirty jokes" that guys tell around the water cooler or locker room. This was FOUL. There are lost people I know who think dirty jokes are funny who would NEVER tell these jokes in public, let alone in front of children.

The guy should have been arrested.

The link had no business being on the BB. I'm glad that someone took it off.

#4 Scarlett O., Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a clear warning by the link. No one had to be hit with the content without thinking about it. I think that that kind of behavior needs to be exposed.

Also that kind of behavior seems to be par for the course when those types of parades go on.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Right, and as children always listen to warnings, so no problemo.

You attend a lot of them?

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many children are on this site?

Now that is constructive.

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, to the original poster's credit, (I did go back and look), he did say that the link was "obscene" and "offensive".

But, honestly, I was thinking that because of the extreme conservatism of some on this board to the point of puritanism and the fact that children were purposely invited to this event that the original poster was exaggerating. I've seen it happen here before.

He wasn't exaggerating.

I agree that this type of problem needs to be exposed, but on a board where you can't even talk about some mundane topics without having entire threads erased, how do you propose to "expose" evil?

Therein lies the dilemma.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that have to do with exposing the behavior?

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wouldn't wanna offend the GLBT community by making them follow the same laws heterosexuals have to follow concerning exposing children to adult-themed materials and entertainment.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Gina!

You should be ashamed!

;)

Wayne
    PS - some day they will follow the rules . . . Let's just pray that they cause less problems now.

12. lifeandliberty

lifeandliberty New Member

I spoke at the Richmond City Council Meeting on Monday evening and gave each Council member a copy of the DVD recording of the event in question. They seem to be in agreement that something must be done.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

We need to go back 10 years and say, "They are perverted, sick, and in need of medical attention!"

Isn't it weird how in the last couple of decades we are over medicating children for being what used to be normal, becuase they are 'sick', yet we continue to go against God and His Word and say that sick, perverted, and evil homosexuals are not in need of medical attention?

14. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

El Guero,

Since many on the BB hold to the local New Testament Church partaking of the same covenants as Israel perhaps we could fall back under the Old Testament method for handling the situation involving homosexual deviants.

Of course we would never do that. Would we???? :tonofbricks:

:type:
    Thjplgvp

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Brother

I really do hope and pray that few if any modern Christians have become the Judaizers that plagued early Christianity.

But for the stoning of evil doers like that . . . we need a

:1_grouphug:

God bless

Wayne

16. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

I think what El_Guero is saying is that political-correctness has conditioned people to ignore bad/terrible behavior such as this! Or not to call it for what it is. So as not to offend or stigmatize people when in fact that is exactly what needs to take place.

Bad or terrible behavior is what it is! PC is simply meant to condition people in order to restrict them from speaking against it. Otherwise get ready for and/or accept all the "labels"!

Twenty years ago these people would have been ridiculed and/or ran off. Simply Pathetic and they should have been arrested for children having to be subjected to it.

17. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

but gays and other people taht act innapproiately are scared that whithout PC or "no censorship" as they call it, they lose their "free will," how do you reason around that?