BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Other Christian Denominations

Other Christian Denominations Debate other denominations' doctrines/beliefs here.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Where did the Black Race come from??

I am hispanic and have many Black Friends who are still learning about Christ. I was asked, where did the Black Race come from. If God Created Adam and Eve, where did that race come from, also where did chineese people get their style of eyes from.

I hope no one gets offended its just a real question I always wanted to ask. Because of Chinese people eyes evolved to what they are now... the does evolution exist. Where did the Black Race come from??
Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 AM
20,000 Posts Club

Doesn't it have to do with Melatonin?

"Let us reason together" says the Lord.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliOrlando
I am hispanic and have many Black Friends who are still learning about Christ. I was asked, where did the Black Race come from. If God Created Adam and Eve, where did that race come from, also where did chineese people get their style of eyes from.

I hope no one gets offended its just a real question I always wanted to ask. Because of Chinese people eyes evolved to what they are now... the does evolution exist. Where did the Black Race come from??
See, that's part of the problem with having a rigidly Fundamentalist view of the creation stories in Genesis 1-3.

Having races which are adapted to the region in which they originate implies evolutionary change, but does not exclude an act of creation by God.

To be honest, I have heard very serious white people insist that the dark skin of the African is the sign of Cain's mark, and thus a curse. That this is a breathtakingly ignorant thing to say is obvious, and an indication that being a slave to letters in a book is a dangerous thing.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdog
I dont know.. please explain!! Doesnt the Bible mention something about it. Thanks tali
Old 12-11-2006, 10:53 AM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
If God Created Adam and Eve, where did that race come from, also where did chineese people get their style of eyes from.?
You take the view Adam and Eve were light skinned and didn't have chineese features. Maybe your question is backwards? Could that be the reason we don't know more about the appearence of the first man and woman? Or don't have a picture of Jesus?

Quote:
To be honest, I have heard very serious white people insist that the dark skin of the African is the sign of Cain's mark, and thus a curse. That this is a breathtakingly ignorant thing to say is obvious, and an indication that being a slave to letters in a book is a dangerous thing.
I have heard this also, where did this theory come from. If it were Cain's mark then how did it exist after the flood? Then there is the theory about one of Noah's son's (can't remember which) being the father of the Black race.

I think the answer is here;

Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Father, help Your children, and don't let them fall by the side of the road.
And teach them to love one another, that heaven might find a place in their hearts.

Artist: LIONEL RICHIE Song: JESUS IS LOVE

Old 12-11-2006, 10:56 AM
20,000 Posts Club

Quote:
I dont know.. please explain!! Doesnt the Bible mention something about it. Thanks tali
I always thought that once man populated the earth, in climates where the sun beat down brutally, melatonin produced greatly to protect their skin from the sun. Just one of those awesome things about God's creation!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to thjplgvp

My personal view which has been raked over the coals on at least one session here on the BB is as follows.

When the languages were confounded at Babel one of the side effects was that the gene pool was stirred. Prior to Babel all people were of one race and one language but after Babel people migrated (they were wanderers prior) according to language. The disruption of the gene pool would not have been seen as happening quickly but slowly probably through 2-5 generations. Different genes would become dominant in each individual language dialect as people married within their dialect group.

Over a period of time their language group would come to be identified by both language and race. I also personally believe that race and language were part of God's planed order to keep men from accomplishing anything they set their mind to.

Technology has brought man a long ways toward unifying the world populations once more. One of the results of this unification is that men will see themselves once more as a single race but within that concept will come the violent persecution (which we are seeing unfold presently) of anyone who holds to the view of allegiance to one God namely Jesus Christ.

thjplgvp
Old 12-11-2006, 11:08 AM
20,000 Posts Club

Since the Bible is silent on race, thjplgvp's theory is as good as any I've heard, and what I think may be the case. Evolution has NOTHING to do with it, however.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Since the Bible is silent on race, thjplgvp's theory is as good as any I've heard, and what I think may be the case. Evolution has NOTHING to do with it, however.
Well, whatever.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Hi webdog,

It's Melonin, not Melatonin.

God Bless.