1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emergency Prayers for Al Mohler

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. (BP)--Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President R. Albert Mohler Jr. was admitted to the intensive care unit Friday with blood clots in both lungs and his condition is "quite serious," according to a statement posted on his website Friday afternoon.

Mohler, president of the school since 1993, was admitted to the hospital Dec. 27 experiencing abdominal pain and subsequently underwent a three-hour surgery to remove scar tissue from a 1980s operation...But a statement posted on the seminary's website at 4:12 p.m. EST Friday said Mohler's health had "sustained a setback."

"Over the past 36 hours Dr. Mohler has suffered from unrelenting pain," the statement read. "This unusual degree of pain signaled concern for the attending physicians and prompted additional tests this afternoon. In the past hour these tests have revealed that Dr. Mohler is suffering from pulmonary emboli in both lungs. His condition is quite serious and he has been moved to the intensive care unit of Baptist East Hospital in Louisville, Ky. for immediate treatment.

"Please make this a matter of urgent prayer," the statement concluded. "Thank you once again for your concern and support during these days."

==From Baptist Press

For complete story click here

For more info visit Dr Mohler's Website

[​IMG]

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a word about Dr Mohler.

For some reason Mohler's condition was really on my heart last night and as a result he has been today as well. Last night I even dreamed that he had passed away. I just checked his website and was horrified to see what has happened. We must pray for Dr Mohler! :praying:

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good News

Update on Dr Mohler from Russell Moore...

"I just left from visiting Albert Mohler at the intensive care unit of Baptist East Hosptial here in Louisville. I am glad to report that he is doing much better than he was when I spoke to the radio audience of the program about this at 5:05 PM.
    While his situation is still very serious, it seems that the doctors have his treatment well underway and he is recuperating well. Pulmonary emboli represent a serious concern under any circumstances but it seems that RAM is responding excellently to the treatment. We can all be grateful the doctors found this development so quickly.
    The President is talking and in good spirits. Despite his incredible pain and having just lived through the scare of his life, he was actually able to discuss a book I brought to him the other day about, of all things, the life of Wendell Willkie.
    Dr. Mohler still needs your prayers, as do Mary, Katie, and Christopher, so please don't stop them. But I am happy to say that I think his treatment is going well and I expect that he will be back to his life as normal sooner rather than later."

Written by Russell Moore of SBTS
    Taken from www.albertmohler.com

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I prayed earlier and continue to pray that your vision was false.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I doubt it was a "vision", probably just a reflection of concern. Either way I am very, very happy that he seems to be improving.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    USA Today reports on Dr Mohler...

SOURCE

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Martin,

Any update today?

Thanks and God bless

Wayne

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was removed from intensive care but remains in the hospital.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have announced that Dr Mohler is out of the hospital.