1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elevation of women in the church and in society

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Has the elevation of women in society weakened our national security? Do we no longer have the resolve to defend our national interests to the finish? Has the abandonment of our children in the home by mothers who are more interested in a career than taking care of their own children created a menace for society? Has the church become so influenced by women that we have changed scripture to suit our own desires? Is the rise of homosexuality related to any of this? Is the structure of the home, church, and family addressed in the Bible? If so, are we following it today?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep, it's those dang uppity women tearing the world apart. If only they'd stay home making brownies, changing diapers, and scrubbing floors, then the world would be safe for democracy.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Cutter, I think I mostly agree with you BUT.
    I think I would say that the problem with women are partly the effect rather than the cause.
    THough it is a cycle, the weaker men get, the more women have to do mens jobs.
    The more women do mens jobs the less they are able to do their own jobs and it just get
    s worse and worse

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many men........so little aspirin. :BangHead:

When I read threads like this, I just have to keep reminding myself of how much God loves me and has a plan for my life and how much Jesus revered, respected, and "elevated" women.

5. Magnetic Poles

Obviously, women are the reason you can't spell "elevation" in the thread title. It's all their fault.

Scarlett, hush. You are just a woman and have no right to use the brain God gave you!

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Yea, I guess so MP, since I was raised in a time when my teachers were primarily women. Please forgive my great sin of misspelling my heading.:praying:

7. Magnetic Poles

I'll forgive you, but I'll be hard pressed to forgive those evil woman teachers who taught you wrong. :laugh: You are a piece of work.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I really believe that the need to have women go to work is mostly a fault of our economy. Back in the 50's woman stayed at home with the children. Now almost nobody can afford to do that except in rural areas maybe. Everyone ask yourselves if you're in your 20's through 50's whether you could pay the bills if your wife quit work. A man with no college education and a good union job could support his family in the 50's. That's no longer true.

9. Cutter

Cutter New Member

"You are a piece of work."
    Thanks for the compliment!:1_grouphug:

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

MP! Would you please capitalize Dang Uppity Women when you talk about us in that fashion please. ;)

11. Magnetic Poles

Yes ma'am! :applause:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

:applause:

Okay, this is my nomination for post of the week.

13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and correct me if I am wrong, Sister Bitsy, but don't our contitutions and by-laws require that Dang Uppity-Women be hyphenated?

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'm sure you are right Miss Scarlett, but you know my spelling gets me into occassional trouble round these parts. I'll defer to you on this!

15. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Serious questions made into a joke. There is a time for all things. I think we are living in a time where people need to take things more seriously, unfortunately humor and laughter rule. HA HA :tear:

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay - do you girls abbreviate it DUW?

Is the plural DUW or DUWS?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Fair play - it is a serious question, but your confrontational wording fed the humour.

If women are not doing their God ordained role of being "keepers at home"while they work in society God's plan is disrupted and and society will suffer.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

The bigger question is: How in the world do you say it? :laugh:

19. Magnetic Poles

Humor is the best way to react to a moronic question, serious or not. So you are a self-identified misogynist, that is clear. It is truly sad for your mom, wife, daughters, grandaughters, or whatever you may or may not have as far as female relatives go. Your own words have exposed your backwards prejudices. I have a news flash for you. Your gender does not make you superior to anyone. The kind of thinking that your words express belong in 1607, not 2007. But I do know of a country that thinks like that...Saudi Arabia. Maybe you'd be happier there.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think "duh" would suit.

(Roger ducks from rolling pins flung his way)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.