1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Codex Vaticanus online

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Ehud, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Ehud

Ehud New Member

2. Ehud

Ehud New Member

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What is your point? Is there anyone who doesn't know that the last twelve verses of Mark are missing from some manuscripts? This is not news in the least and hasn't been for over a century.

I am more curious as to if you are even able to read this manuscript. My experience is that the most vocal KJVO proponents can't even read Greek.

4. Ehud

Ehud New Member

You mean men Like, Donald Waite, Peter Ruckman, the late Dr. David Otis Fuller(Master of Divinity degree at Princeton and was honored with a Doctor of Divinity degree by Dallas Theological Seminary), and scores of others plus PCC, Fairhaven, Ambassador, BAPTIST BIBLE TRANSLATORS INSTITUTE (B.B.T.I.), CROWN COLLEGE, EMMANUEL BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY,GREAT PLAINS BAPTIST DIVINITY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE, and many others. Plus 46 or so Translators of the A.V. 1611:sleeping_2:

I guess you are not very experienced :laugh:

Ehud

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think out of the box, Ehud.
    These are not modern books but hand-written documents on vellum (specially prepared leather).

1. Was there the proper amount of space to fill in the text of Mark 16ff?

The answer given by scholars is "No".

2. Follow your own advise: "LOOK Closely" at the text.

Use the new site you offered, it's a real sight!

Enlarge the portion of Mark 16 that appears to be an erasure.

You will find that the letters are written backwards.

The "ghost" letters are probably from ink that was transfered from the opposite page during the centuries of storage.

Rob

#5 Deacon, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You have a real mixed bag here. The translators of the KJV would have rejected your position as unbiblical and a contradiction of biblical teaching. It contradicted what they expressly set forth in their preface, and it contradicts what God has expressly declared in his word. For you to maintain it is indefensible.

Furthermore, I said "most" not "all." There are a good number of KJVO men who can read Greek (which makes their position all the more inexplicable). But my comments had more to do with people like yourself whom, I suspect, know very little if anything about Greek, and are simply repeating as doctrine the commandments of men.

Both Waite and Ruckman have been documented as being dishonest with the facts. The other schools you listed are hardly reputable schools so I would not give them much credence. They all basically drink at the same fountian.

Perhaps not, but you have done nothing to disprove it.

#6 Pastor Larry, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008