1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would change under an 'Obama' Supreme Court?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A group that promotes constitutionalist judicial nominees warns that the top priority of a Barack Obama Supreme Court would be to require taxpayers to fund unlimited abortion rights.

Curt Levey, executive director of the Committee for Justice, says given Obama's opposition to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, the nation's highest court under an Obama administration would likely reverse the federal ban on partial-birth abortion. According to Levey, two of the top ten priorities of an Obama Supreme Court would be to find that there is a constitutional right to taxpayer-funded abortions, and to order all 50 states to "bless" homosexual "marriage."

"Ten Commandments would be removed all over the place. 'Under God' would be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance. The death penalty would be banned," says Levey. "There'd probably be constitutional rights to all sorts of new things like human cloning and physician-assisted suicide. Racial preferences would proliferate."

More here

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good post.

Here is a list of ten things that might change from a blog linked in your source.

#4 - would not really bother me - it wasn't added till the 50s anyway.
    #2 - I think would be that civil unions, instead of marriages, would have to be acknowledged. I am not sure how I feel about two adults forming a legal personal partnership.
    #10 - I am not sure that this would be true, or that it is based merely on the fact that Obama is black.

All the rest I would agree are serious issues that need addressed. #1 is of particular concern. I can see the expansion of 'abortion rights' to include killing those children who happen to survive a uterine murder attempt.

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008
  3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

In addition to the above, say goodbye to your gun rights. I know some don't really care about gun rights (maybe because they don't own one, which is fine), but the last step towards tyranny is to disarm its citizens. And people think Bush is a tyrant. They haven't seen nothin' yet.