1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's effect on Catolic Communion

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by browes, Nov 17, 2008.

1. browes

browes New Member

2. grace56

grace56 New Member

It's about time!

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I did and I think it is pointed. If Catholics believe what they do about communion then it is a significant problem voiting for Obama. What if protestant pastors said the same thing? Though it wouldn't have as much force since for us it is a symbol. However, would it be like passing information to a hostile government and then saluting the flags? Hmmmmm.

4. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

If the Church presses the issue it looks like more than half of American Catholics will no longer be able to take Communion.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Naw, that was one Priest view who wasn't speaking for the Church. He has retracted this position and apologized.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

The catholic church is anti abortion, when a catholic votes pro abortion they say they are not in a greement with their churches offical teachings, which in this case is biblical(you won't hear that too often from me about the RCC) prehaps he's right, about communion. But to say their souls are in danger and they're going to hell is not his to decide. That he needed to retract.
    But none of it's up to me to decide. so, who cares what I think.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I care... Good post. :thumbs:

8. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some BB members have also stated a similar sentiment to this Catholic priest. That those Christians who voted for Obama are essentially apostate and need to repent or suffer ecclesiastical separation. Should they also retract their statements? BTW, I agree with your analysis of the appropriateness of this priest's comments and actions.

#8 Gold Dragon, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008