1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'bamas National Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

2. OldRegular

Listen and weep!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since OR failed to provide the context but only a very brief video, I will:

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: "[As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we're going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.
    We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set.

We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
    We need to use technology to connect people to service. We'll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You'll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You'll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up."

- http://tinyurl.com/5jrsoc

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

5. OldRegular

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Sounds sort of like Hitler's Gestapo! But the O'bamaites will continue to obfuscate to cover up for their little 'household" god.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You see, O'ld Regular's agenda would not be advanced if he didn't misrepresent the President's views by tactics such as this. I don't mind honest criticism of anyone. But this is pure and simple misrepresentation to lead to a false conclusion.

7. OldRegular

8. OldRegular

Didn't I tell you: "But the O'bamaites will continue to obfuscate to cover up for their little 'household" god."

The misrepresentation is trying to say this is simply an expansion of the Peace Corps. That is simply false as listening to O'bama's words and KenH's post will show.

#8 OldRegular, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The only obfuscation is yours, OR, in your attempt to misrepresent and mislead re: the President. And who says he is a god? Certainly no one here.

#9 Magnetic Poles, Feb 16, 2009
  10. matt wade

Am I one of the "O'bamaites" you refer to OldRegular?

11. OldRegular

Why should I believe "factcheck" when I can hear the facts from O'bama's mouth. This is not an expansion of the Peace Corps as "factcheck" stated.

Look at his words. He wants a National Police Force or whatever you want to call it that is just as powerful as the military.

O'bama states: " We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Now any unbiased reading of that statement will show that you O'bamaites are guilty of obfuscation.

12. OldRegular

Only you can answer that. I know you are defending his stated purpose as indicated by your posts on this thread.

13. matt wade

I'm not defending his stated purpose. I'm telling you that you are wrong on his stated purpose.

Will you believe the "American Thinker"? It's a very conservative publication.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.html

Quote, "Barack Obama's recent words to promote his image as Community Organizer in Chief were not about forming a paramilitary force of volunteer brown shirts. They were about turning America into one, giant, community organizer's sandbox at enormous cost to taxpayers."

This is what I think Obama's words were about. And for the record, I'm very opposed to it.

Will you believe Joseph Farah from WorldNetDaily? He's conservative for sure.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=72659

He doesn't think it is about making a force like the "brown shirts" as you put forth in another thread. In fact, he pins the term back to Robert Gates. Yeah, the guy who was Defense Secretary under Bush and is still Defense Secretary under Obama.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You're hallucinating. Come back to reality.

15. OldRegular

Speaking of World Net Daily check the following:

WND previously reported a website called "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?" captured the wave of euphoria that followed the Democratic senator's remarkable rise.

The site is topped by an Obama quote strategically ripped from a Jan. 7 speech at Dartmouth College just before the New Hampshire Primary in which he told students, "… a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote" for Obama.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77539

An epiphany is what? An appearance or manifestation especially of a diety!

The above was posted in error. It was intended for the thread O'bama Worship.

#15 OldRegular, Feb 16, 2009
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Maybe Curtis will show up and call him a liar!

17. matt wade

No...how about staying on topic instead of trying to divert it? You created this topic, atleast have the courtesy to stick to it.

18. OldRegular

That post was intended for the thread O'bama Worship.

19. OldRegular

So Gates picks up on an O'bama idea and keeps his job. VEEry Interesting.

20. matt wade

No, what's interesting is that you are avoiding the topic.

I'll respond to your derailment anyway. Farah posted his WND article on August 21, 2008. In that article he says that "Last fall Gates began giving a series of speeches about the need to create a more modern State Department and a civilian national security force". Last fall means Fall 2007

The quote you gave from Obama was said on July 2, 2008.

So, are you now trying to tell me that Gates and Obama had some secret meetings prior to Gates making his statements in Fall 2007?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.