BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > News / Current Events

News / Current Events Stay informed and keep others informed.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 PM

The minute the twin towers went down the mosques and borders should have been closed, every foreign Arab deported, and every naturalized Arab either under surveilance or in a camp.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
30,000 Posts Club

Sorry, Aaron, but using that thinking one could just as easily say that the minute the federal building in Oklahoma City went down the churches and borders should have been closed, every foreign Christian deported, and every naturalized Christian either under surveillance or in a camp.

I reject such thinking.
I host "Sunrise Bluegrass" from 8:00-11:00 a.m. ET on Saturday mornings at www.worldwidebluegrass.com. Come listen for a spell.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
What was done with the Japanese was also for their protection. You apparently know nothing of human nature(Please tell me of your enlightened position. Then tell me how you know what I know. I guess you have ESP. Wait ....are you the woman who told my friend at the New Mexico Fair that he he would meet the woman of his dreams in a month? Are you the 'Great Mother'?). It's the reason Achish wouldn't let David go to battle with him, and the reason God commanded Joshua not to leave one of the inhabitants of the cities in Canaan alive.

As America got closer to Japan and the bodies began piling up (Bodies don't pile up in a nuclear blast.)and the cities were being razed,(No, not that either. They were fire-bombed as were German cities.) (Shows your public education.) (Feel free to ask any one else who was alive at the time.)
what do you think American citizens would fear from the Japanese here, and what do you think the Japanese would fear? There would be civil war(Civil war? You mean from people who are from the same background, area and race? Hard to get a civil war between Americans and oriental immigrants.) here at the same time America was fighting a war on two fronts.

But the PC crowd will deny all that, and folks who can't tell the difference between their left and right hands will go along with them to their own destruction.
PC Crowd? Only Liberals talk like that.

Hint: Try going to to a night school and actually learn American History.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
2,000 Posts Club

Quote:
The minute the twin towers went down the mosques and borders should have been closed, every foreign Arab deported, and every naturalized Arab either under surveilance or in a camp.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"- U.S. Const. Amendment I

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."- U.S. Const. Amendment IX

"The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."- U.S. Const. Art. I, Sec. 9

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."- U.S. Const. Amendment XIV, Sec. 1

I think your plan has some legal issues
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
(Please tell me of your enlightened position. Then tell me how you know what I know.
So far, I'm the one who has alluded to the Scriptures. You alluded to Hollywood.

Quote:
(Bodies don't pile up in a nuclear blast.)
The nuclear bomb was kept top secret from everyone except the topmost brass until it was dropped. It wasn't until after bodies began to pile up on Iwo Jima that the brass began to rethink the viability of an invasion of the Island of Japan. That's irrelevant, though. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were still razed, only instantly with atomic blasts, instead of gradually through an invasion. Firebombing also razes cities.

Quote:
(Civil war? You mean from people who are from the same background, area and race? Hard to get a civil war between Americans and oriental immigrants.)
Riots then, if that's what you prefer. But I did know people who were there. They're dead now. I can tell you the hatred of American soldiers for the Japanese was acute, especially those who lived through Pearl Harbor and Iwo Jima. And not just them, but their families too. Do you think for one minute that they cared about the legal status of a Japanese individual here? It would take just one wrong look from one to start something big.

Tell you what. You believe what you want. Your thinking will result in needless deaths just as it did at Fort Hood. My thinking will save lives.

Last edited by Aaron; 11-06-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul3144 View Post
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"- U.S. Const. Amendment I

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."- U.S. Const. Amendment IX

"The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."- U.S. Const. Art. I, Sec. 9

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."- U.S. Const. Amendment XIV, Sec. 1

I think your plan has some legal issues
War is hell.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH View Post
Sorry, Aaron, but using that thinking one could just as easily say that the minute the federal building in Oklahoma City went down the churches and borders should have been closed, every foreign Christian deported, and every naturalized Christian either under surveillance or in a camp.

I reject such thinking.
Not the same thing at all.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
2,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Riots then, if that's what you prefer. But I did know people who were there. They're dead now. I can tell you the hatred of American soldiers for the Japanese was acute, especially those who lived through Pearl Harbor and Iwo Jima. And not just them, but their families too. Do you think for one minute that they cared about the legal status of a Japanese individual here? It would take just one wrong look from one to start something big.
My great-grandfather served in the Army during World War II. He passed away earlier this year at the age of 94, but he had told me that he thought the internment of the Japanese was wrong.

You do have a valid point about people attacking Japanese Americans. I'm not a big fan of hate crime laws, but that would be the one instance where they may be effective.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 PM
2,000 Posts Club

Quote:
War is hell.
Yes, it is, and our rights as citizens are worth fighting for.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Tell you what. You believe what you want.

Your thinking will result in needless deaths just as it did at Fort Hood.

My thinking will save lives.
Wow.
You are such a true American.
I would love to meet you in person.
Closed Thread