1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

20 Signs That The United States Is Rapidly Becoming A Totalitarian Big Brother Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 12, 2010.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, the United States was a land of unparalleled freedom. The rest of the world envied the freedom that ordinary Americans had to think, say and do what they wanted. But all of that has changed. Now Americans have to fear that they will be tackled by a squad of security goons and dragged off to a detention facility somewhere if they spill a Pepsi on a flight attendant or take a few too many pictures of a public building. The United States used to be the polar opposite of totalitarian regimes like Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union, but now America is rapidly becoming very much like them. Due to the fear of a boogeyman living in a cave somewhere or some guy with explosive powder in his underwear we are all being forced to give up our freedoms and learn to live in a Big Brother police state.

But have things really changed so much that we have to give up all of the cherished freedoms that our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for? Haven't there always been fanatics and crazies and criminals out there? Why do we suddenly have to become so afraid of them?

In the past, Americans would not let anyone make them live in fear. If some unbalanced individual did something bad, it wasn't the end of the world, was it? No, in the past Americans dusted themselves off and continued to live as free men and women. You see, when we live in fear and radically alter our way of life just to feel a little more secure, we lose. We have let someone else steal our freedom and our dignity.

But now in the name of "security" all kinds of bizarre proposals have been implemented on the local, state and national levels. Somehow we think that if everything that we do is watched, monitored and analyzed we will all be safer somehow.

Maybe we are safer and maybe we aren't, but we are certainly a whole lot less free.

The following are 20 signs that the United States is rapidly becoming a totalitarian "Big Brother" police state....

CONTINUE . . .

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Good post, Ponchooooooooooooh!!!

I like the one where the little girl was 'cuffed for doodling on her school desk--------------I remember back in Junior High(1972)--8th grade---I was caught doodling on my desk------the teacher called me up to the front---told me to grab my ankles with my hands---and I got my big ole rear end "Fanned" with a paddle----back then no one dared call the SPCA(we just took the stray in) much less the ACLU!!!!
    Little talk with :jesus:eek:n the way to the front
    Before paddleing:praying:

After paddling:saint:

On the bus ride home I'm prayin' somehow that Daddy/Momma won't find out I got a paddling:laugh:

#2 blackbird, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would have been nice to see so many conservatives concerned about the growing power and influence of the federal government when George W Bush was passing the Patriot Act (etc). I wonder, if a Republican wins in 2012 will all this concern over privacy and freedom disappear? It certainly did for many Democrats. They spent the last eight years complaining that the Bush administration was not "open" enough with energy policies (etc). Yet, once they get into office they go and do the very same thing. Sadly I imagine many Republicans will do the same thing.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Exactly right and well focused on the problem. Two phrases that come to mind are "garbage in, garbage out," and "what goes around comes around." The solution in 2012 is not reelecting Obama, or electing another anti-Constitutional liberal Republican. We the people have to create a choice C.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Information is only valuable when restricted!!!!!!

Well, one can't expect illegal aliens to line up to get ID cards. I support a national ID card that would be used for everything . . . drivers lic, voting . . . IF there was a stipulation that ANY information the govt collected on ANY person be posted on the web. This would include tax and police files.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights

Why not just use subdermal micro chips instead? They're way more convenient and secure than plastic cards that can be lost, stolen or conterfeited.

Gotta start somewhere I guess.

Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans think the federal government poses a threat to rights of Americans, according to a new national poll.

Fifty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they think the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.

The survey indicates a partisan divide on the question: only 37 percent of Democrats, 63 percent of Independents and nearly 7 in 10 Republicans say the federal government poses a threat to the rights of Americans.
    According to CNN poll numbers released Sunday, Americans overwhelmingly think that the U.S. government is broken - though the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted February 12-15, with 1,023 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for the overall survey.

SOURCE

"though the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed."

I think they just made this part up. And they said nothing about the government and media's attempts to paint Americans who disagree with them as spaced out wacky ticking time bombs that threaten national security.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]According to the MIAC report, if you oppose any of the following, you could qualify for being profiled as a potential dangerous "militia member":[/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The United Nations[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The New World Order[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Gun Control[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The violation of Posse Comitatus[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Federal Reserve[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Income Tax[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Ammunition and Accountability Act[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]A possible Constitutional Convention[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The North American Union[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Universal Service Program[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Abortion[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Illegal Immigration[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Again, I would bet that at least 75% of the American people would oppose at least one or more items on the above list. Well, according to the MIAC report, that is sufficient to make them potential dangerous "militia members."[/FONT]​

SOURCE

Find anything on the list you might oppose?

#6 poncho, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
  7. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Not only do I oppose those....
    But I also oppose these:

The Bilberbergers
    Weather modification by DOD and corporate interest
    The Trilateral Commission
    The Council on Foreign Relations
    The Nationalization of all Water Resources
    NAFTA
    CAFTA
    Agenda 21 and the associated Sustainable Development Communities
    ......... and subsequent control or taking of private property by the ngo's
    The transcontinental corridor which by passes ports of entry at our borders
    The corporate control of our food supply by big companies....and the use of the Dept of Agriculture and the FDA to harass small family farms and independent operations like seed saving, truck farming, livestock and poultry for personal or local use and the implimentation of regulations which put an unnecessary expense burden on those with small farms while allowing exemptions for big business.

Monsanto and all genetically modified organics which interfers with the natural DNA structure.... and can cross pollenate with heirloom and hybrid varieties.

Water floridation with an otherwise industrial byproduct too toxic to even consider going in normal landfills by EPA standards and which may contain levels of heavy metals such as lead and arsenic...... and the priming of municipal water finances by promises of big money (from the public dole, thank you tax payers) to implement.

And I'm so in support for our military and brave young men and women who join for the right reasons... that I'm against them being sent to fight in unjust wars for corporate or oil or NWO and banking interest instead of saving their lives and keeping them here and allowing them to protect our borders.

Amnesty for illegal alliens.

Hate speech..... and all other laws which treat some citizens as a special protected class above others, when we already have laws to prosecute crime.

The self exemptions from law given to those who pass legislation which they will impose on us.

The automatic and non-meritorious pay increases given to legislatures and other officials in government during the same periods where the adjusted cola's and economic conditions prevent the private sector from even considering the same.... or the unemployment rate for non-governmental workers is as high as 10% or more.

The nationalization or secret classification of natural resources contained within or owned by the individual states and the private sector..... without their knowledge or requirement to disclose.

-------------------------
    I guess if I'm not already on their spit list.... I could offer myself for nomination, huh?