1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Merkel says German multi-cultural society has failed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Steven2006, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101017/wl_afp/germanymuslimreligionimmigration

"Multikulti", the concept that "we are now living side by side and are happy about it," does not work, Merkel told a meeting of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party at Potsdam near Berlin.

"This approach has failed, totally," she said, adding that immigrants should integrate and adopt Germany's culture and values.

"We feel tied to Christian values. Those who don't accept them don't have a place here," said the chancellor.

"Subsidising immigrants" isn't sufficient, Germany has the right to "make demands" on them, she added, such as mastering the language of Goethe and abandoning practices such as forced marriages."

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

If I understand her correctly, she is saying what I was taught way back when, while in school. A country will not last if the immigrants do not assimilate into their new society with as little disruption as possible to the society that they are coming into. When a group is trying to change the society to their laws and values, there is always going to be trouble.
    Look at the problem she is talking about. I guess in her book PC isn't working.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Too bad the US doesn't have a leader with the guts to speak the truth.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I believe you are correct. Why? Because we have or our children have been taught that there aren't any absolutes. If that is true (which I disagree with) we all want others to fit into our plan, if any. Our papers and news media would be killing her in print and talk about her and how narrow minded she is..

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If I moved to Germany or any other country that didn't speak my language---I would have no problem adjusting myself to that particular culture's language----I think folks that move here are too lazy to make any sort of adjusting

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The US has always been multicultural. In colonial days it was the only country in the world where a couple could have 12 children and those children could become married to others from 12 different countries.

Culturally the Southwest has never been like New England, New England has never been like the deep South, the deep South has never been like the Northwest and the Northwest is the Northwest. We should be proud of our diversity and our ability to get alone with each other.

To point to Germany's failure and use it as an example for or against multiculturalism in the US is an error. Germany has never been multicultural in the way the US has all if its history.

The US is, IMHO, the shining example of how people from many cultures can live together and for the most part live peaceably.

Read the following article.

This is not the entire article.

Like it or not, the US is not mono-cultural, it is and has always been multicultural.

I have discovered while living in Europe that Europeans have no idea how much America has changed, for the better, in relations between the races and Americans have no idea how racially prejudice Europeans are about certain groups. Indeed, Europeans do not realize how prejudice they are and become emotional when someone suggests they are prejudice. They immediately drop into all the same arguments used in the deep South in the 1950's-60's to defend segregation.

#6 Crabtownboy, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet the one thing that does unite us ( at least int he past, has been a common language - (though with many regional dialects) common money and a common love of country.

I drove from NY to Alaska via Ga and Texas - took me some three weeks- was able to speak English the entire way.
    Crab - you have been to Europe - if you were to drive for 3 weeks - how many countries (languages) would you encounter?

I agree, move to Germany lean German. move to the US learn American (actually we don't speak English - right Jim :smilewinkgrin:). When I was stationed in Europe, the Army encouraged us to learn the language and customs of the Germans - and for those who did were much better for it.
    I don't have a problem with retaining culture heritage (except maybe the beer-fest). Here in the Salt City, virtually every weekend there is different cultural fest at Clinton Square and surrounding areas

8. billwald

billwald New Member

The US has always been multicultural in how we play and party, not in how we do business. Our people came here to become Americans, not to give up lefse and pasta.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may have been true in the past...

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Merkel misstated the problem. The problem is not multiculturalism, it is Muslim immigrants in Germany. There are surely many other non-Christian immigrants in Germany such as Jews, Hindus, and Buddists, but these groups are not causing problems for the Germans.

The problem with Muslims is that when they reach a significant number they try to impose their religion on others. With other groups this is not the case. Recently I posted a video of Muslims stopping traffic in Paris for prayer. Other religions do not practice this type of behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIKz9b8FAA

As you can see in this video, unauthorized Muslims wearing orange armbands are directing traffic illegally.

This is the problem, Muslims want to take over a society, not live in peace and harmony with others.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

She's either nuts or lying. Multiculturalism is working out just the way her beloved "international community" had hoped. Divisions and strife are all part of keeping the barbarians from getting together and conspiring against the occupiers that's taken over their country and sucking it dry. In this case the "international community" aka as global bankers and corporations.

Multiculturalism and mass immigration are handy tools in the pocket of imperialists. Been that way since Roman times and probably used way before that to control the populations of "conquered" nations.

Keep em at each others throats so they don't have the time, energy or inclination to oust the people really responsible for their misery.

It's a real slick trick and almost always works in favor of the occupier.

It's working out just fine here. Globalization is nothing less than economic warfare against sovereign nations. Multiculturalism is just one of the tools in the globalist's bag of tricks.

Failed? Hardly. More like a rip snortin success.

And when it gets out of hand thats fine too because there's a huge militarized pro government force already in place to put odwn any unpleasant "uprisings" that may happen.

Practically every nation on the planet aligned with the "international community" is following this same pattern. Coincidence?

And if you aren't already aligned or refuse to be? Then, prepare to be globally smeared, demonized, sanctioned and invaded.

#11 poncho, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010