BaptistBoard.com  
     

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container
 
Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist DEBATE Forums (Baptist Only) > Baptist Theology & Bible Study

Baptist Theology & Bible Study General discussion of Baptist theology

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
JesusFan JesusFan is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macomb Michigan
Posts: 6,356
Default did Jesus EVEN Exist Before the Incarnation?

if no...

How can he be 'the same yesterday,today, and forever?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM
revmwc's Avatar
revmwc revmwc is offline
2,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
if no...

How can he be 'the same yesterday,today, and forever?"
Yes since by Him was made everything that was made.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
JesusFan JesusFan is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macomb Michigan
Posts: 6,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmwc View Post
Yes since by Him was made everything that was made.
was that by Jesus, or by God the Son/Word Though?
Not splitting hairs here, but wasn't the Humanity of the Son of God who Jesus was/is?

that the second person of trinity was the Son/Word before he became jesus in the Incarnation?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
preachinjesus preachinjesus is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA...somewhere along the edges
Posts: 6,712
Default

Jesus' eternal preexistence is a fundamental part of orthodox Christology.

As the Trinity was in existence prior to the creation, and Jesus is the second Person of the Trinity, His preexistence is along the same lines as God the Father and God the Spirit.

Notice John's point here:
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.

The Logos doctrine is a particularly important part of Christology. Jesus is the Word/Logos of the Godhead.

John 17:24 is also another good verse.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
JesusFan JesusFan is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macomb Michigan
Posts: 6,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachinjesus View Post
Jesus' eternal preexistence is a fundamental part of orthodox Christology.

As the Trinity was in existence prior to the creation, and Jesus is the second Person of the Trinity, His preexistence is along the same lines as God the Father and God the Spirit.

Notice John's point here:
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.

The Logos doctrine is a particularly important part of Christology. Jesus is the Word/Logos of the Godhead.

John 17:24 is also another good verse.
Agree that Jesus was/is God in Human Flesh...

But before his Incarnation, wasn't he JUST God the Son, as jesus was not born as of yet?

At That moment of His conception, that God the Son forever took on a bodily physical form, and than was called Jesus forever more?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM
revmwc's Avatar
revmwc revmwc is offline
2,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
was that by Jesus, or by God the Son/Word Though?
Not splitting hairs here, but wasn't the Humanity of the Son of God who Jesus was/is?

that the second person of trinity was the Son/Word before he became jesus in the Incarnation?
Since Jesus being is the 2nd person of the God head did He have to have a name before he existed? His being is therefore every part of His being is the 2nd person of the Godhead, in His incarnation He became the God man, who existed as God in eternity past, as God-man at incarnation and exist today as God-ressurected man the first fruits, so which part didn't exist prior to incarnation, since the Plan was the Fathers in eternity it would be that Jesus existed in the mind of the Father before the incarnation which means He always existed. Let's not split hairs though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM
JesusFan JesusFan is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macomb Michigan
Posts: 6,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmwc View Post
Since Jesus being is the 2nd person of the God head did He have to have a name before he existed? His being is therefore every part of His being is the 2nd person of the Godhead, in His incarnation He became the God man, who existed as God in eternity past, as God-man at incarnation and exist today as God-ressurected man the first fruits, so which part didn't exist prior to incarnation, since the Plan was the Fathers in eternity it would be that Jesus existed in the mind of the Father before the incarnation which means He always existed. Let's not split hairs though.

This is why I see Him as able to come to earth in OT as "Angel of the Lord" as he took on form like an angel than, as He was a "Spirit" being. but when He came to earth as the man Jesus, was forever "linked" with humanity being now forever God/man!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
revmwc's Avatar
revmwc revmwc is offline
2,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
This is why I see Him as able to come to earth in OT as "Angel of the Lord" as he took on form like an angel than, as He was a "Spirit" being. but when He came to earth as the man Jesus, was forever "linked" with humanity being now forever God/man!
Understand though when you see the term Angel it means a messenger, He came as the Messenger of God. When He came walking in the Garden after Adam and Eve sinned it says He came as God but they saw Him in what form. as angel, as God or as man?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
JesusFan JesusFan is offline
6,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macomb Michigan
Posts: 6,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmwc View Post
Understand though when you see the term Angel it means a messenger, He came as the Messenger of God. When He came walking in the Garden after Adam and Eve sinned it says He came as God but they saw Him in what form. as angel, as God or as man?
maybe a form "like" a man, but did not actually Become a man until the Incarnation?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
revmwc's Avatar
revmwc revmwc is offline
2,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
maybe a form "like" a man, but did not actually Become a man until the Incarnation?
Made you stop and think now huh?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.


The Fundamental Top 500   The Best Baptist Web Sites at Baptist411.com  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Copyright: Wrestling Clique Wrestling Forum
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
 

Web Hosting for BaptistBoard.com is provided by BaptistHost.net