1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

entourage duo screen tablet company ...

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Jun 30, 2011.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    has gone out of business. Reason I post: if you have ever wanted one of the 400+ dollar units, new ones are being closed out cheap. Woot.com had the pocket one for 119 the other day.

For those that do not know the unit: It is a dual screen tablet that folds in half or you can use it like book. It is an ereader (E-ink) on one side and android color on the other. You can write and take notes on the reader and use the other side as a tablet like the pandigital or Cruz (Cheap ipad types :)

The Pocket entourage is a dual 6-7 inch and the big one is 9-0 inch.

There is a mobile reader forum that has saved the entourage forum information so there is lots of help around but there would be no warranty I suspect.

2. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just some info if anyone is thinking of getting one of these. On top of my thoughts if you go to the entourage site they have some tutorials that will help you understand many of the features.

Have been using this for a few days and am totally impressed with the quality of the unit and how it operates. Some real engineering and development went into the thing. It has the best on screen keyboard I've seen in an android unit.

Set up the email tonight and worked great quickly. There is a touchpad that is about 1/4 inch square for scrolling which works nice. The calendar app works nicely. You can do appointments like most programs or you can just jot down a note on the journal screen which is quite handy.

You can mark up pages in pdf books and export the page to pdf or email it. You can just write in the journal in cursive. You can link pictures, websites etc. to different portions of a book for future reference.

The android 2.2 upgrade works well and Mysword bible works very nicely on it. The browser is quite nice and runs better than most android browsers I've used plus you can always install others if you have a favorite.

I have not tried it but you can move your apps to your sd card to free up space on the unit. One of the shortcomings of android tablets thus far is limited program install space.

The reader works nicely though the page turn buttons make a lot of noise compared to most tablet buttons. Might upset a spouse that likes QUIET!

When you close it the thing goes to sleep for you automatically.

You can allow the android side to go to sleep while continuing to read and save battery power.

Overall I am totally impressed, I sure hope someone buys the technology and keeps the company going but not holding my breath. Will be a sad day to loose such nice unit though there are always bigger and greater toys coming down the pipeline :)

4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mentioned: I have not tried it but you can move your apps to your sd card to free up space on the unit.

The option is there but it does not work I found out today and it is a known problem with the unit I read today as well.