1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BONE-Day combining day

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “BONE-day” combining day

Ituttut, this for you, on the problematics of the 14th day

GE:
    NOTE:
    I have only as recently as this month of August the year of our Lord 2011, come to realise that I was MISTAKEN! That with the exodus – ON NISAN 14 –, UNLEAVENED bread was indeed eaten “IN THAT NIGHT” BEFORE, “in this selfsame day I have brought your armies out”— “the flesh … WITH unleavened bread”. Exodus 12:8, 17.
    In the light of this ‘discovery’ to me …
    How do you explain, ES, that Exodus places sacrifice of sacrifice of passover AND, eat of sacrifice of passover, on Nisan 14, while all the rest of the Law and the Old Testament and the New Testament (by implication), places sacrifice of sacrifice of passover on Nisan 14, but eat of sacrifice of passover, “the flesh WITH unleavened bread” on “the first”, of the “SEVEN days ye shall eat UNLEAVENED bread”— i.e., ON NISAN 15?

AS:
    Ummm - I think the majority of us are not Israelites. I'm a child of God under the New Covenant. I don't need to worry about Passover.

GE:
    AS, you say you don't worry or don't need to worry about passover? Just read how careful God commanded the Israelites - whom he saved - had to “observe this night": "A night to be carefully observed". Ja, especially since you are professing to be a Christian, to whom everything written – “ALL Scripture … is profitable … for instruction in righteousness”, yea in the Righteousness of our Passover and Lamb of God— the passover Scriptures more than any.
    However, "Christ our Passover", is not what the OT says; it is what the NT declares for the saving truth of God; and unless Christ be a Christian's Righteousness and Passover Lamb, I'm afraid he cannot take too much joy in the truth of being under the New Testament.

ES:
    I believe you to be attempting, albeit unwittingly, to confute and combine, the Passover meal that was eaten in haste, on 14 Abib/Nisan, as per Exodus, with the meal of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which all the OT places on 15 Nisan.
    "Sigh!" (That's my version of a heavy sigh, for those reading this.)
    Sorry, Gerhard Ebersöhn, I'm the one 'inside the line' since "fifteenth day" (of any month) is never even mentioned in Scripture, until the giving of the Law of the feast days found in Lev. 23. That phrase is not to be found in any of the three books that are commonly considered to precede Leviticus, namely Job, as well as (logically) Genesis and Exodus. Hence, there would be no reason to mention the specific Feast Day of "Unleavened Bread" on 15 Abib/Nisan prior to this.
    Merely read Lev. 23, (as well as other places that mention "fifteenth"). (No, I will not quote the entire chapter, but merely some of the relevant verses, with the appropriate parts highlighted.)
    1 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.
    3 ‘Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
    4 ‘These are the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times. 5 On the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight is the LORD’s Passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the LORD; seven days you must eat unleavened bread. 7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it. 8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD for seven days. The seventh day shall be a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it.’”
    9 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 10 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. 11 He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted on your behalf; on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12 And you shall offer on that day, when you wave the sheaf, a male lamb of the first year, without blemish, as a burnt offering to the LORD. 13 Its grain offering shall be two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to the LORD, for a sweet aroma; and its drink offering shall be of wine, one-fourth of a hin. 14 You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. (Lev. 23:1-14 - NKJV, text only)
    Did you happen to notice that neither "Passover" nor "first-fruits" are said to be either "Sabbaths" or an "holy convocation", here? And in fact, the 'wave sheaf' was to be waved specifically, on the day after the Sabbath!

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    Then, Ed Sutton, I am not able to point out any difference between your view and my view about the Passover. Neither was it my purpose to find differences between us. What I am trying to do, is to find an explanation for the very definite difference there is, between Exodus and the rest of the OT as far as the dating of the slaughter of the passover and the eating of the passover is concerned.
    Now you, have confirmed my aim! Ed Sutton, “… since "fifteenth day" (of any month) is never even mentioned in Scripture, until the giving of the Law of the feast days found in Lev. 23. That phrase is not to be found in any of the three books that are commonly considered to precede Leviticus, Job, Genesis and Exodus.”
    But WHY? What is the reason to NOT mention the specific Feast Day of "Unleavened Bread" on 15 Abib/Nisan, “prior to this”?
    Thanks!
    What I was able to find in your contribution so far, confirms my finding that there is this difference… [… between Exodus placing the ‘feast day’ on Nisan 14 and the rest of the Law and Prophets placing it on the fifteenth day.] But you have not given an explanation for, or rather of, your pretending no difference exists. You only “sighed” your “version of a heavy sigh”. Or I lack the grey matter to see. Kindly help me out then, considering.
    I lived with this difference [in the dates in Exodus] for decades, happy with my first explanation— to which I no longer hold. For long I could see nothing wrong with my view. Now I am convinced mind and soul I was graced to see the Real Explanation for this seeming difference, that that difference between Exodus and the Rest of Scripture, was no mistake of change or contradiction, but in itself is Prophecy, is eschatology, is pointing to Christ, finds its explanation in Christ: its fulfilment; its receiving of Sense and Essence, in Christ. In one thing: The Son of Man come into His Kingdom, the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Christ's Suffering and the Glory of God; in the simple thing, in Exodus of both the Sacrifice Slaughtered AND the Sacrifice Eaten once for all, on, Nisan 14, but in the other Scriptures on Nisan 15— Jesus Christ being both the Beginning of the creation of God and the Great Omega of the Great Yom Yahweh.
    Or is your 'point' - without saying it to say, that when the word 'sabbath' occurs (in the OT), the Seventh Day Sabbath of the Fourth Commandment, is meant -- always, and without exception? So that First Sheaf Wave Offering must fall on the First Day of the week, so that Christ must have risen on Sunday, and Sunday must be the Christian day of worship-rest?
    Here we were busy with yet another factor that implied and confirmed a Sabbath-Resurrection! And I could not see why Ed Sutton was opposing the idea so!
    Shavuot (Pentecost), 'fiftieth day' ultimately is reckoned or counted from first new moon after solstice, the very day of which is Nisan 1, first day of "For you the First Month". As follows: Nisan 1 could occur on any day of the week! Then Nisan 14 was the first day of the passover-season; which, ultimately, only ended on and with Shavuot.
    How to get there:
    1) from Nisan one, count fourteen days (to full moon)
    Nisan14: Kill the passover lamb;
    2) On Nisan 15, eat the lamb --- on passover's sabbath;
    3) "On the day after the sabbath", i.e., on Nisan 16, "First Sheaf Wave Offering";
    4) This day Nisan 16, "the day after the sabbath" of Nisan 15, is the first day of fifty days counted, the fiftieth day which, must be
    5) Day of "First BREAD wave offering". Leviticus 23:20.
    Pentecost, just like the passover's sabbath day, fell on any day of the week. Thus Judaism has believed --- always. Not that I mind. The Sadducees however --- are told us by the Pharisees --- believed wrongly 'sabbath' was meant for the 'weekly' Sabbath.
    Suddenly since the twentieth century, Christians started to believe the Sadducees who never left a shred of evidence themselves for their viewpoint.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, regarding your claim,
    Ed Sutton, “… the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which all the OT places on 15 Nisan…”
    I say,
    Not “all the OT”.
    Most people – most Christians – "confute and combine, the Passover meal that was eaten … on 14 Abib … with the meal of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which all the OT” – except Exodus –, “places on 15 Nisan".
    In “That night” John 13:30 on Nisan 14, the New Testament ‘meal’ – “the Lord’s Supper” –, was The Sacrifice being eaten spiritually with leavened bread of the faith in the Sacrifice of the Christ. And in the following night on Nisan 15, the Old Testament meal was unleavened bread being eaten with no faith in the Sacrifice of Christ, except of that man, one Joseph of Arimathea. John 18:28 x 19:31. Therefore— two different menus, on two different events or occasions.
    I before have held that with the exodus, after Israel had moved out after midnight ON NISAN 14, unleavened bread was eaten the next day, Nisan 15, the first time. NOTE that now, since as recently as this month of August the year of our Lord 2011, I have come to realise that I was MISTAKEN and that according to Exodus unleavened bread was indeed eaten –“the flesh … WITH unleavened bread” – ON NISAN 14, “IN THAT NIGHT” BEFORE, “in this selfsame day I have brought your armies out”. Exodus 12:8, 17.
    “In the First Month, on the fourteenth day of the month in its night, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month in its night”- first halve of day. Exodus 12:18.

How it came about.

“Even the first, first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses.” Exodus 12:15
    The Israelites had unleavened dough enough for until the LORD may have started to supply them with other food. They had the unleavened dough for at least six more days of eating unleavened bread PREPARED; and “on their shoulder”, carried it out right after midnight in that same night of the exodus on “the fourteenth day of the First Month”— STILL! Exodus 12:1-14, 34.
    According to Exodus 12:15 AND FURTHER though, the Israelites had “Seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread …” INCLUDING “Even the first, first day” – “the FOURTEENTH day” – “ye shall REMOVE leaven out of your houses”. So that day, “the very selfsame day” that the lamb was slain, “no leavened bread” was “eaten”— that day the fourteenth day must have become “the fifteenth day”!
    The “seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread”-of-Feast indicates, the Israelites for six MORE days after “the fourteenth day” on which they ALSO had removed leaven, ATE unleavened bread :— on Nisan 14-BECOME-15!
    With the first passover recorded in Exodus, the Israelites “removed leaven” as well as ate unleavened bread, and “killed the passover as well as ate the passover on Nisan 14. That was the first ever, Passover meal, of “the flesh WITH unleavened bread”.
    All passover meals thereafter would consist of sacrifice and unleavened bread for “the first day ye shall EAT, no leavened bread”, and for the six remaining passover meals it would be unleavened bread only. But the removing of leaven THE SAME AS the killing of the lamb, would as an act of “PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER” John 19:14, CONTINUED on the fourteenth day of the First Month, because to “remove leaven”, IN ESSENCE IS THE SAME AS to “kill the passover”. Cf. Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 19:14 1Corinthians 11:23. [There, the translation with “the first day of unleavened bread” is wrong. ‘A-dzumos’, “without leaven / leaven removed”, is all the word is, and all the word means.]
    The night of the exodus in Exodus 12:15, is the night of “the first, first day”— “the first, first day” in the day in the afternoon of which,
    “ye shall kill the passover” 12:6, “the first, first day” ALSO THOUGH,
    “ye shall (have) remove(d) leaven”—
    “the fourteenth day” which elsewhere, is the
    night of “the fifteenth day” and “the first day ye shall eat no leavened bread” on. Mark the command with a negation; it implies unleavened bread was eaten.
    In Exodus 12:1-14 the night-halve of the day is its closing halve; in the other Scriptures the night of the day is its opening halve.
    In the light of Exodus 12:18b …
    12:15, “Seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread: Even the the very first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses (ye shall eat unleavened bread): For whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day (ye shall eat unleavened bread) until the seventh day (ye shall eat unleavened bread), that soul shall be cut off from Israel.”
    In all other Scriptures –
    BUT BY IMPLICATION ALSO IN EXODUS –
    Night of Nisan 15 : “first day ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 16 : day two “ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 17 : day three “ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 18 : day four “ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 19 : day five “ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 20 : day six “ye shall eat unleavened bread”;
    Night of Nisan 21 : day seven “ye shall eat unleavened bread”.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “In the First Month, on the FOURTEENTH day of the month IN ITS NIGHT, ye shall _EAT_ unleavened BREAD.” Exodus 12:18a.
    “This day (the FOURTEENTH day of the First Month on which leaven was REMOVED and also unleavened bread was EATEN “WITH the flesh” of the on that same day KILLED lamb, “shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a FEAST unto the LORD … by ordinance” … NEVER AFTERWARDS to be called a “Feast”, again!
    BUT …
    Exodus 12:18b, “UNTIL the ONE AND TWENTIETH day of the month” in its night- and first halve of day “ye shall EAT unleavened BREAD” which makes it Nisan FOURTEEN-BECOME-Nisan FIFTEEN (as shown).

In EXODUS, AT FIRST, “the fourteenth day”, was “PASSOVER”— passover KILLED; AS WELL AS “FEAST”— passover EATEN. AT LAST although not once IN Exodus itself so dated, “the fourteenth day” had become the fifteenth day of the First Month.
    AFTER Exodus 12:14-18 – in ALL the Scriptures –, ONLY “the FIFTEENTH day” shall be “FEAST” of passover.
    So in the Gospels …
    “After two days was the passover indeed the FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (eaten) and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take Him by craft and put Him to death … but … NOT on the FEAST”. Mark 14:1. NOT on the fifteenth day of the month …
    Jesus was killed on Abib 14, “not on the Feast” (Abib 15). Therefore the Jews planned Jesus’ death on Abib 13. According to John 13:1, Jesus would be crucified on ‘passover’ Abib 14, on the day “BEFORE the Feast” of Abib 15. The Jews “consulted” BEFORE the day “before the Feast”, that is, on Abib 13.

After Exodus 12:18 in all the Scriptures, ONLY “the FOURTEENTH day” is “PASSOVER”— ‘passover-for-“to-be-CRUCIFIED / KILLED”.
    Matthew 26:2, Jesus pointed out to his disciples, “Ye know after two days is ‘THE PASSOVER’ and the Son of Man shall be betrayed to be CRUCIFIED” and KILLED. The Jews “consulted” before Abib 14 the passover to kill Jesus; on the passover Abib 14 killed Him, and therefore “NOT, ON THE FEAST”.
    Jesus two days before He would on Abib 14 be crucified, informed his disciples; therefore on Abib 12. That means He informed his disciples on the day before Abib 13 when the Jews contrived— thus, three days before “the (passover) Feast”, Abib 15.
    “TWO days before CRUCIFIED”, but THREE days before “the FEAST”.
    John calls the day “before the Feast” in 13:1, “The Preparation of the Passover” in 19:14— which ‘preparation’ required – exactly like at the exodus – that “leaven (life) be removed” and “the passover (be) killed”— exactly according to Mark 14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7 John 13:1; 19:14 1Corinthians 11:23.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Exodus, “out”, occurred Nisan 14— Nisan 14 in the night after midnight and Nisan 14 in the morning; and into and in the desert in the afternoon of day, on Nisan 14.
    Therefore:
    If – as in Exodus 11:3 to 12:14 – Israel went out on the fourteenth (in which day “there shall no leavened bread be eaten”) in the night after midnight, and on the fourteenth arrived as far as Succot in the desert, then indisputably a sunset reckoning is implied.
    BUT, WHILE this very day of the fourteenth also was the fourteenth day the day before when, before sunset the passover was killed, a sunrise reckoning is just as indisputably implied.
    Then:
    If - as in Exodus 12:15-18 and all the Old Testament elsewhere – Israel went out on the fifteenth in the night after midnight, and on the fifteenth arrived as far as Succot in the desert, indisputably a sunset reckoning is again implied.
    First time eating of unleavened bread was on Nisan 14 which BECAME Nisan 15 in its first quarter, in its night before midnight.
    The ‘passover’ even applies to the days of passover as such!

Leviticus 23:6 and Numbers 28:17; 33:3 date the event of actual going out of Israel after midnight “in the night” … of “the fifteenth day”.
    According to Exodus and the nature of sacrifice, sacrifice can only be eaten after it had been slaughtered; so the passover lamb was eaten after sunset on the fourteenth day— in Exodus…. And according to Leviticus and the nature of it, the bread can only be baked and eaten, after leaven had been removed and the dough had been prepared. So leaven was removed and dough was prepared, before sunset on the fourteenth day— in Exodus as in all other pertinent Scriptures.
    The “fourteenth day” by nature was “The Preparation of the Passover” John 19:14.
    The lamb and the unleavened bread were eaten together. “The fourteenth day” for that reason is – once for all – called a “Feast” in 12:14.

But wait! Don’t read 12:14 as a summary of the fourteenth day! Although the date ‘the fifteenth day’ is absent, read verse 14 as an introduction to the “Feast” – what follows all henceforth pertains the “Feast”, the SECOND and fifteenth of the First Month passover-day!

Let us see if it works out …

“And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them in the way and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night” 12:21.

TWO days involved: each, “day and night” …

Abib 14:
    Israel in Egypt “kept” and “killed” passover on first ‘day’;
    Abib 15:
    Israel “came forth out of Egypt” on second ‘day’;

Abib 14:
    Passover killed on first ‘day’;
    Abib 15:
    “that which remained” burned on second ‘day’;

Abib 14:
    Leaven removed on first ‘day’;
    Abib 15:
    unleavened dough “carried” out on second ‘day’.

TWO nights:

Abib 14:
    Israel stayed in houses and “out … from Rameses” in the first night;
    Abib 15:
    Israel at “Succot” in the second night;

Abib 14:
    Flesh with unleavened bread eaten in the first night;
    Abib 15:
    “Baked” and ate “unleavened bread” only, in the second night— Exodus 12:39.
    That night, the “night to be much observed”— “to the ethics / law of the Jews” John 19:40— this very passover-Scripture of Exodus 12, “THIS IS THAT NIGHT OF THE LORD” Jesus Christ’s BURIAL.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exodus 12:41,
    “And it came to pass [was finished] at the end of the four hundred and thirty years [Egyptian bondage] – even on the [COMPLETED] selfsame BONE-day – that all the hosts of the LORD HAD GOT OUT of the land of Egypt [finally].” “OUT of the land” of all wicked sinners who while they live, already are dead and as good as buried and forgotten. “Joseph took him down” …“There laid they the body of Jesus” … “rolled a great stone into the door of the grave” … “and departed” … “because it got time for the Jews’ preparations”. Day of forgottenness … “The hand of the LORD was upon Me and carried Me out … and set Me down in the midst of the valley full of BONES … and He said unto Me, Son of Man, can these BONES, live (again)? And I said, o LORD GOD, Thou knowest.” Ezekiel 37:1,3. You do not forget Me. “Let no man move His BONES. So they LET ALONE His BONES.” 2Kings 23:18. Men forgot Me. But: Acts 2:25b; 24b, 27b, 31b,

Two days are involved and intertwined in Exodus in the date, “the fourteenth day of the First Month”. That is indisputably certain. The only possible way the two days DATED THE FOURTEENTH day only in Exodus 12:1-14 could be understood as are they merged and separated at the same time, is through moving the start and finish point from sunrise IN, Egypt, to sunset OUT, of Egypt.
    “This day (the fourteenth) CAME ye OUT, in the First Month; and it SHALL be (the THIRD day) when the LORD SHALL bring thee INTO, the land of the Canaanites.” Exodus 14:4, 5.
    “And the children of Israel kept (i.e., killed) the passover on the fourteenth day of the (First) Month in the afternoon in the plains of Jericho.”
    “And they on the “BONE-day” in Joshua 5:11 precisely like in Exodus 12:41 – the fifteenth day of the First Month – “did eat … unleavened cakes … on the day AFTER the passover was KILLED”— “the Bone-Day”— the ‘Middle Day’ between “passover KILLED”-day and “First Sheaf Offering WAVED”-day.
    They on the “BONE-day” on Abib 15 – i.e., on the day AFTER Abib 14 the passover was KILLED” – when only the BONES of the sacrifice had “remained” –, “did eat … unleavened cakes …” and “burned with fire”, scattered the ashes of the bones over the plains at Jericho. It was the “Bone” and ‘Joining’-Day” Abib 15, between when “they KILLED the passover” (Abib 14), and “brought First Sheaf wave Offering” (Abib 16 and Resurrection-day).

“In the day that thou EATEST thereof thou shalt surely die.” Genesis 2:17. Thomas Watson, “Adam was created the Sixth Day; “Adam fell the very day of his creation.” “Satan was a murderer “from the beginning”.”
    Hebrews 4:11, “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the SAME EXAMPLE OF UNBELIEF” of the Israelites and Adam and Eve. Ezekiel 2:8, “A rebellious nation : they and their fathers (back until Adam) have transgressed against Me this very BONE-Day”— that is, “and thus the heavens and the earth were finished when they were created Genesis 2:1— “… and it was the Sixth Day”. Hebrews 4:3,4, “I have sworn in my wrath, They shall NOT enter into my rest (on the Sabbath Day) ‘although’ the works (of God) were (on the Seventh Day) finished FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD ….”
    Eve was created from the rib–BONE of Adam on the Sixth day before they WOULD HAVE entered upon the Sabbath Day. But, “Adam being in honour, lodged not one night.” Psalm 49:12. “Death reigned from Adam…” Romans 5:14— from “That Day” “this very BONE-Day”.
    “FOR THE WORD OF GOD IS PIERCING EVEN TO THE DIVIDING ASUNDER of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow (in the bones) …” Hebrews 4:10-12 … as when with “soul sorrowful to death” Mark 14:34 and “bones in every way” with “sword of flaming fire” “pierced” (Job 30:17 Isaiah 38:13 Psalm 22:14,15; 38:3, Genesis 3:24), Jesus died and gave his life-spirit into the hands of his Father ….
    … so in “that night to be solemnly observed” his side was pierced and “the blood of Jesus came out”, BROKEN, into “blood and water” John 19:34.
    Therefore, Ed Sutton,
    “to combine, the Passover meal that was eaten in haste, on 14 Abib/Nisan, as per Exodus, with the meal of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which all the OT places on 15 Nisan”,
    is not to “confute”, but to affirm, confirm and validate. It is to “combine” as well as to distinguish the way the Scriptures RECONCILE the two aspects or two factors of “the passover” and “passover feast” which both at first were associated with “the fourteenth day”.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BUT SOON the “fourteenth day … the very first day they always had to KILL the passover” sacrifice AND REMOVE the leaven from their houses (Luke 22:7 Mark 14:12 Exodus 12:10)”, became the “fifteenth day”, “BONE-Day”, on which they also ‘ALWAYS, HAD TO’, return “THAT WHICH REMAINED” to corruptibility, death and the grave. And if they did not, they themselves had to removed out of Israel. Exodus 12:10.
    “The LORD brought you OUT from this place: THERE, shall NO leavened bread be eaten!” 14:3. “That which remained” of Jesus— “the BODY” AND, his BONES. John 19:40 and 33. Thus the day became a “great day” John 19:31 in the NEW Testament; indeed, a 'sabbath day' thereby of the greater Passover feast.

“And this day (Nisan 14) shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a _FEAST_ to the LORD … by ordinance” 12:14 implying the fourteenth day also having become the fifteenth day of the First Month. How astonishingly perfectly did Jesus obey and fulfil the Word of God!
    By calling the 14th a “feast”, the transfer from having been a day to “kill”, into a day also of ‘feast’ or eating or assimilation with corruptibility, is begun. Verse 15 will take the process further, and the fourteenth day seen retrospectively, will in the end in verse 18 have landed onto the fifteenth day of the First Month.
    Which result explains why the fourteenth is not again mentioned from verse 19 on, but the whole rest of chapter 12 is alternatively recalled either as the memorial “service” of the “feast” (on the fifteenth), or as “the sacrifice of the LORD’S passover” (on the fourteenth), 26-27; and repeated as the night in which the LORD “smote the firstborn” (on the fourteenth) (29) but also as the “night to be much observed” (on the fifteenth) (42) on which night the passover “shall be eaten”. (46) “And it came to pass the selfsame “BONE (BINDING)-day” that the LORD did bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt” SO THAT “that which remain(ed) of it” the passover sacrifice, could be re-assimilated with corruptibility and the dust of the earth through burning Exodus 12:10 … BURIAL DAY! All, very clearly, the events of the although not expressly stated BUT DEFINITIVELY IMPLIED in Exodus, fifteenth day of the First Month. “This day” in all the Scriptures afterwards, shall remain the “fifteenth” and “Feast".
    On Nisan 14 leaven had to be removed from the land; he who did not heed, had to be executed. Jesus heeded, the leaven of his life-spirit being pressed in the winepress and removed, and his life-blood being shed to die as were He the transgressor of the Law and not us. O Mystery of Godliness!
    Utensils for the mixing and the baking of the dough had to be cleansed and prepared on Nisan 14, the selfsame day. After sunset, in the evening, both unleavened bread and lamb of sacrifice had to be cooked, and eaten, on Nisan 15. The two elements were consumed in one meal … from the very first passover … which is where I for years and years have been WRONG!
    Like here, where I wrote,
    <… unleavened bread was not eaten first time after fifteenth Nisan, and because it had to be eaten in the Night of Nisan 15, it had to be eaten in the same night and same meal the sacrifice was eaten> … which now does not make any sense anymore!

I have seen an 'explanation' of the Hebrew expression, ‘behn-ha-arbayim’ with 'evening' half-way between the early evening and the later evening before proper night. But Exodus does not allow such divisions of time, nor does it allow a midnight to midnight reckoning of the day.
    On Nisan 14 the whole night was to be observed together with its whole day BEFORE sunset devoted to the KILLING of the lamb and whole night AFTER sunset EATING of “the flesh WITH unleavened bread.” It says, "It came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years – even the selfsame day— that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt." In Exodus, “on the fourteenth day. As in Numbers 33:3, in Deuteronomy 27 on the fifteenth day “On the day ye shall pass over the Jordan … this day thou art become the People of the LORD thy God.”

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'Passover' has never been, and had never been, two meals. There has never been anything obscure about 'behn-ha-arbayim', either. Passover was killed in the daytime; not in the night. Sacrifices NEVER were killed during the night, but always at “morning (early) sacrifice / oblation” and or at “afternoon (late) sacrifice / oblation”. “Morning (early) sacrifice / oblation” was the usual time for blood sacrifices; the Shewbread- and First Sheaf “Offerings“ – life’s gifts – for example, were done at “afternoon (late) sacrifice / oblation”.
    Young defines 'arbayim', "The dual of evening". A ‘Dual’ is not a Plural; neither is it a Singular. Therefore the full meaning must be ‘in the middle between pair of daylight’, from middle morning of daylight, “the third hour” (9 a.m.), through noon “the sixth hour”, until middle of afternoon daylight “the ninth hour” (3 p.m.), the very times of “morning oblation” and “afternoon (‘evening’) oblation” EXACTLY “when they KILLED the Passover” of Yahweh from that “they crucified Him” “the third hour”, until “the sixth hour there was darkness over all the earth”, “until the ninth hour … when Jesus had cried with a great voice and said, Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit.”
    Conclusion,
    The passover had to be killed during day on Nisan 14. In its night-beginning Christ in spirit in hell, “clothed in a vesture dipped in blood … made war against the beast” and conquered against the kingdom of darkness, from real “evening” (Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 12:23-41; 13:1,30) until “He treadeth the winepress (‘Gethsemane’, ‘place of the winepress’) of the fierceness of Almighty God.” Revelation 19:13,15b.
    After Gethsemane He “made war against the kings of the earth”, and was “delivered into the hands of men”. Luke 9:44 cf. Matthew 20:18,19. Physical joined spiritual suffering until He cried with a loud voice and gave his life-spirit into the hands of his Father and died, “afternoon (‘evening’) oblation”, “the ninth hour”.
    “Evening already”, “great-day”, “BONE-day” of passover “having come”, “this Night much to be observed” of the fifteenth day of the First Month “no leavened bread shall be eaten”, Israel, midnight, moved out.
    First Sheaf Offering followed “after the (passover-)sabbath” of Nisan 15, and had to be waved on the sixteenth day of the First Month, Leviticus 23:11,15— in fulfilment in Christ “according to the Scriptures THE THIRD DAY.” “On the sixteenth day of the First Month they made an end … to cleanse the House of the LORD. … The Song of the LORD began with trumpets.” 2Chronicles 29:15,17,27. “And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.” Revelation 19:14.
    “God the Seventh Day RESTED.” “In that He the Day the Seventh Day RESTED from all his works, God sanctified the Seventh Day and blessed the Seventh Day.”
    God resting, is God ACTING, WORKING the pinnacle of “the exceeding greatness of His Power … which He availed in Christ WHEN HE RAISED HIM from the dead AND SET HIM at his own Right Hand in Heavenly Majesty and LORDSHIP” Ephesians 1:19,20, and “RESTED”.
    “The LORD TRIUMPHED GLORIOUSLY … the LORD is a Man-of-War”. Exodus 15:1,3. “Then shall thy Light Rise in thy obscurity, thy darkness shall be as noon day … I will cause Thee to ride upon the high places of the earth.” Crowned with Glory of Victory over “the last enemy, death”, “It is the day the LORD has made”; the “Lord of the Sabbath Day” and “made the Sabbath, honourable”, “The Lord’s Day”.

Gerhard Ebersöhn
    Suite 324
    Private Bag X43
    Sunninghill 2157
    Johannesburg
    [email protected]
    http://www.biblestudents.co.za

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Albert Barnes,

"If he had USED the WORD in the SINGULAR number -“the SABBATH,” it would then, of course, have been CLEAR that he meant to TEACH that that COMMANDMENT had CEASED to be BINDING, and that a SABBATH was no longer to be observed.
    But the use of the TERM in the PLURAL number, and the connection, show that he had his eye on the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as FESTIVALS, as a part of their CEREMONIAL and TYPICAL LAW
    "
    …………………….

GE:

“The WORD SABBATH in the Old Testament is applied not only to
    [1] the SEVENTH DAY, but to
    [2] all the days of HOLY REST that were observed by the Hebrews …”“… to all”…“the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as FESTIVALS,“to [3]… particularly to the BEGINNING and CLOSE of their GREAT FESTIVALS.”

[1]… Correct.

[2]… False! False, because of Barnes’ words,“_all_ the days ….”; “the _great number_ of days …”.

[3]… Incorrect.

There were only TWO ‘original’‘feasts’; actually, just one— the passover on “the fourteenth day of the First Month”. Exodus 12:14.

Passover at first got divided into two aspects according to Exodus, passover of the fourteenth day and passover of the fifteenth day until the “twenty and first day”, the “seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread”. Exodus 12:6,15,18

Nowhere in Exodus is any day or days called a ‘sabbath’ or ‘sabbaths’ before 16:23 / 20:10; it is not once applied to any day or days of the first and main feast, the passover, particularly not to the BEGINNING or CLOSE of it.

Later on in history, passover received a third and fourth aspect,“First Sheaf Offering” and ‘Shavuot’ or ‘Pentecost’. Leviticus 23:11,15.

NOW only, the fifteenth day and passover’s SECOND day – the first day of unleavened bread Feast – got called a ‘sabbath’, passover’s ‘sabbath’. Still the ‘CLOSING’ day of unleavened bread on “the twenty first day of the month”, is NOT being called a ‘sabbath’.

And the following day the day of First Sheaf Wave Offering, was NOT a ‘sabbath’.

And the following day, the first day of seven days counted and again counted seven times, was NO ‘sabbath’ but was one day, the first of one SET-OF-SEVEN-DAYS in Hebrew indicated with the word “sabbath”.

And for the next 49 days to Pentecost not one day – BEGINNING or CLOSE – is said to have been a ‘sabbath’.

“Particularly” NOT is the final CLOSING day of passover, “The Fiftieth Day” – ‘Pentecost’, called a ‘sabbath’.

So from the first ‘Feast’ – passover – only ONE day emerged as a ‘sabbath’— “particularly” the SECOND day of the passover feast period of days!

ONE— the “… all” of “… the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as FESTIVALS” SECOND in position and not remotely near “the BEGINNING” or “CLOSE of” this the passover and GREATEST of their “FESTIVALS”.

#9 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011