BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist DEBATE Forums (Baptist Only) > Baptist Theology & Bible Study

Baptist Theology & Bible Study General discussion of Baptist theology

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:53 AM
4,000 Posts Club

Send a message via AIM to evangelist6589
Default Will we be vegetarians in the millennial reign of Christ?

This is a interesting question, but I think according to the teachings in Ezekiel (cant remember the chapter) & the great supper of the lamb mentioned in Revelation we will not be vegetarians, however some Christians disagree. I have met some christians that believe that a kosher diet is healthier for you. I do not agree. Having been on Weight Watchers for 2 years I have discovered this myth to be false. There are certain types of meats that I avoid, but eating chicken & fish on a regular basis is very healthy for you. Weight Watchers has no religious agenda to meet, so they will state the facts based on scientific research & as a result I have lost more than 50 pounds. What do you say?

John
I am a slave of God and I serve as a street evangelist/open air street preacher. I have been through The Way of the Master basic training course twice. The WOTM evangelism philosophy is a great way to reach the lost. My life verse is Mark 16:15 which is the call to preach the gospel to all of creation (NIV). The best way is to use the Law to convict the consciences of sinners (Psa 19, Gal 3:24). The Law convicted Paul of sin (Rm 7:7, ESV). I challenge others to use it in their evangelism.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 AM
6,000 Posts Club

Yes, they will be.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM
10,000 Posts Club

There is no passage that even hints that man will be vegetarians. Animals yes, man no.
Isaiah 48:18, “Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.”
Home Page:
http://www.gerald285.com
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM
15,000 Posts Club

There are some people who are vegetarians, some who are called vegans {I believe these eat only organic foods!}, and some who eat both meat and vegetables. I eat both meat, I prefer fish and fowl, and vegetables. So no we are not all vegetarians in the millennium.

You do know of course that we are now in the millennial reign of Jesus Christ. When Jesus Christ returns and all the elect are with Him in the New Heavens and New Earth "I Can Only Imagine"!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachinjesus View Post
Yes, they will be.
lol..excellent point.

God bless.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist6589 View Post
This is a interesting question, but I think according to the teachings in Ezekiel (cant remember the chapter) & the great supper of the lamb mentioned in Revelation we will not be vegetarians, however some Christians disagree. I have met some christians that believe that a kosher diet is healthier for you. I do not agree. Having been on Weight Watchers for 2 years I have discovered this myth to be false. There are certain types of meats that I avoid, but eating chicken & fish on a regular basis is very healthy for you. Weight Watchers has no religious agenda to meet, so they will state the facts based on scientific research & as a result I have lost more than 50 pounds. What do you say?

John
Hello John, nice to meet you. Without getting too deep in the conversation I would just say first, congratulations on the weight loss, and secondly, if we believe that we live in a cursed world and that in the Millennial Kingdom we see a partial restoration of the original creation, in which man was vegetarian, then we have to consider that while it may be optimal for man to be vegetarian (and I don't think anyone could reasonably argue this), I don't think we can be dogmatic as to what those in the Kingdom will eat.

If you believe that the Levitical system will in some manner be in place again, then it would seem reasonable that they would partake of the sacrifices offered. But again, this would be speculation on our parts, I believe. So to be dogmatic either way would be to assume too much, so I think that for me I would just say that while it is possible (and perhaps likely) that those that belong to the Lord in this time will be vegetarians, I think it can safely be said that there will arise those that rebel against God and probably in short order the world system will have it's followers again, and these will in all probability eat meat.

PreachinJesus makes a good point in that for those of us that expect to be glorified (redeemed from this flesh) in that day, we will not be a part of this creation as we are now, and as those that survive the Tribulation to enter the Kingdom will be. I believe that we will not need food of any kind, but that we will be able to partake should we desire, even as the resurrected Lord is seen to partake in His glorified body.

Hope that helps, though our views will be dependant upon a great many factors which, if not in place, changes the conclusions reached.

God bless.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM
15,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell C View Post

If you believe that the Levitical system will in some manner be in place again, then it would seem reasonable that they would partake of the sacrifices offered.
This is one of the more nonsensical doctrines of the dispensational error. Even if one believes in an earthly millennial kingdom to say that the levitical system will be re-established makes a mockery of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.

Protestants condemn the Roman Catholic practice of the mass, the continual sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The re-establishment of the Levitical system is far worse, it is blasphemy!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRegular View Post
This is one of the more nonsensical doctrines of the dispensational error. Even if one believes in an earthly millennial kingdom to say that the levitical system will be re-established makes a mockery of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.

Protestants condemn the Roman Catholic practice of the mass, the continual sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The re-establishment of the Levitical system is far worse, it is blasphemy!
Here is the problem. According to scripture there will be animal sacrifices during the millennium kingdom http://www.gotquestions.org/millennial-sacrifices.html . That in the past required the priesthood. It would seem logical that the same would be required in the kingdom.

Now for us all being vegetarians there is no suggestion to that.
Isaiah 48:18, “Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.”
Home Page:
http://www.gerald285.com
Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRegular View Post

Hello OR, long time no see. Hope all is well with you and yours.

While it may seem to be "blasphemy" and nonsensical, I simply ask if you partake of Communion where you fellowship?

If you do, you have probably concluded like most that Communion memorializes His death, it is not the actual sacrifice.

Seeing that God must, and I emphasize must, fulfill His promises to Israel or be found to have broken His own Covenant, there is no reason to to see Israel (who is never told that they will lose their identity or become a "different nation") worshipping without symbolic practice of their own concerning the death of Christ.

In other words, there is no salvific value attributed (by me) to sacrifice in the Millennial Kingdom, it is held as symbolic even as Communion for us is.

Quote:
to say that the levitical system will be re-established makes a mockery of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.

To believe so would imply that the performance of sacrifice before the Cross...also makes a mockery.

In the Millennial Kingdom, it is quite reasonable to believe that the outward, symbolic (memorial) practice of sacrifice will be a testimony to those that rebel against Christ. It will not be optional to submit to His authority, and Levitical practice will picture submission.

Of course, this is just my view. I can understand how a Millennial Kinigdom is not believed by some, and I don't have a problem with that (though I differ in view).

But, again, to say that to memorialize the death of Christ with sacrifice as performed in the Levitical Economy is blasphemy, then it seems we would also proclaim the "picture" found in the Law as well as Christian practice, Communion...to be blasphemy as well.

Quote:
The re-establishment of the Levitical system is far worse, it is blasphemy!
Paul practiced the heritage of the Jews in Acts, after conversion. I am sure you are aquainted with this fact, but I will leave you with one example:

Acts 21:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

How would we liken this to Christian practice for Gentiles? And while we know that for a time Levitical practice continued, and some might say that in the first century it came to an end, the fact remains that we have a Jew involved in distinctly Jewish practice...right?

Okay, just a few things to comsider, OR. Again, glad to talk to you again.

God bless.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:08 PM
3,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell C View Post
Hello OR, long time no see. Hope all is well with you and yours.

While it may seem to be "blasphemy" and nonsensical, I simply ask if you partake of Communion where you fellowship?

If you do, you have probably concluded like most that Communion memorializes His death, it is not the actual sacrifice.

Seeing that God must, and I emphasize must, fulfill His promises to Israel or be found to have broken His own Covenant, there is no reason to to see Israel (who is never told that they will lose their identity or become a "different nation") worshipping without symbolic practice of their own concerning the death of Christ.

In other words, there is no salvific value attributed (by me) to sacrifice in the Millennial Kingdom, it is held as symbolic even as Communion for us is.

To believe so would imply that the performance of sacrifice before the Cross...also makes a mockery.

In the Millennial Kingdom, it is quite reasonable to believe that the outward, symbolic (memorial) practice of sacrifice will be a testimony to those that rebel against Christ. It will not be optional to submit to His authority, and Levitical practice will picture submission.

Of course, this is just my view. I can understand how a Millennial Kinigdom is not believed by some, and I don't have a problem with that (though I differ in view).

But, again, to say that to memorialize the death of Christ with sacrifice as performed in the Levitical Economy is blasphemy, then it seems we would also proclaim the "picture" found in the Law as well as Christian practice, Communion...to be blasphemy as well.

Paul practiced the heritage of the Jews in Acts, after conversion. I am sure you are aquainted with this fact, but I will leave you with one example:

Acts 21:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

How would we liken this to Christian practice for Gentiles? And while we know that for a time Levitical practice continued, and some might say that in the first century it came to an end, the fact remains that we have a Jew involved in distinctly Jewish practice...right?

Okay, just a few things to comsider, OR. Again, glad to talk to you again.

God bless.
The problem for Dispies is the very OT passages they claim are describing the MK are the very passages that say offerings and sacrifices are for sin atonement. Nowhere, I repeat nowhere in those passages is their a mention of memorial sacrifices. Numerous times it is quite clear they are for sin atonement. You can't claim 'literal' interpretation then ignore the obvious meaning of the passage.