BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Other Christian Denominations

Other Christian Denominations Debate other denominations' doctrines/beliefs here.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 AM
8,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by reformed_baptist View Post
It's a poor reading of the Didache if it does (in my opinion)
I don't know it seems pretty clear
Quote:
But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before. - Didache Chp 7
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 AM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkingstuff View Post
Here is another clear proof that the "Father's" are the records of apostasy. The Greek has a term for "pour" (epicheo) and it is used quite often in the New Testament but NOT ONCE in regard to the ordinance of baptism.

Jesus NEVER quoted oral traditions as his source of authority because the problem with all ORAL traditions is that they quickly corrupt into false and misleading ideas. Those false and misleading ideas were then written down and the consquence is the cult of catholicism.
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. - Isa. 8:20

Arminianism is simply a religious expression of Humanism that makes man the captain of his own destiny. If the child of God cannot "will" or "do" anything pleasing to God apart from God working it in him (Philip. 2:13) how in the world does the Arminian think the lost man can?????
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biblicist View Post
Here is another clear proof that the "Father's" are the records of apostasy. The Greek has a term for "pour" (epicheo) and it is used quite often in the New Testament but NOT ONCE in regard to the ordinance of baptism.

Jesus NEVER quoted oral traditions as his source of authority because the problem with all ORAL traditions is that they quickly corrupt into false and misleading ideas. Those false and misleading ideas were then written down and the consquence is the cult of catholicism.
The BIG problem reagrding oral traditions for Rome is that while even conservastiive Baptists would see that God would preserve parts of the Bible in the form of what was "handed down" as a tradition, such as what was held
to be historical accounts by the jewish people...

Those were JUST historical facts getting passed on down , NOT doctrinal, and ALL of it is guided over and preserved from any errors/mistake by the Holy Spirit, something RCC cannot calim!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 AM
2,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Yep, to me as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
8,000 Posts Club

Quote:

First support them and when you disagree with them throw them under the bus!!!! too funny.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
That is only in refersense to the pouring though isn't it? Why the sudden additional explanation of what to do when pouring if this was for all modes presented I wonder?

"As we are knit to Christ by faith, so we must be knit to the communion of saints by love" - R Sibbes

"A man's 'free'-will cannot cure him even of the tooth ache, or of a sore finger; and yet he madly thinks it is in its power to cure his soul." -Augustus Toplady
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
8,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by reformed_baptist View Post
That is only in refersense to the pouring though isn't it? Why the sudden additional explanation of what to do when pouring if this was for all modes presented I wonder?
Because if you read the passage if for instance you didn't have access to something then you would apply something else. However, its clear from the passage that Pouring is just as valid in the absence of being dunked.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
First support them and when you disagree with them throw them under the bus!!!! too funny.
I don't support them in the least any more than I support the teaching aides of the Watchtower Society. However, I study their aides and use them to expose their false doctrine and that is precisely why I study the Apostate Nicene Fathers.
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. - Isa. 8:20

Arminianism is simply a religious expression of Humanism that makes man the captain of his own destiny. If the child of God cannot "will" or "do" anything pleasing to God apart from God working it in him (Philip. 2:13) how in the world does the Arminian think the lost man can?????
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM
8,000 Posts Club

Quote:
I don't support them in the least any more than I support the teaching aides of the Watchtower Society. However, I study their aides and use them to expose their false doctrine and that is precisely why I study the Apostate Nicene Fathers.
So you admit then that you treat the anti-nicene fathers like you do the scripture as a smorgishboard?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
So you admit then that you treat the anti-nicene fathers like you do the scripture as a smorgishboard?
Ha! No, I treat the "Father's" as apostate trash wherein some truths can be rarely found if one searches thoroughly. I treat the Scripture as final authority for faith and practice as the inspired Word of God.

Closed Thread