1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confirmed:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 24, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Psychiatric Manual DSM-IV-TR Labels free Thinkers, non conformers as Mentally Ill

It is now confirmed by USWGO News that the DSM-IV-TR Manual labels free thinkers, non conformers, civil disobedient advocates, those that question authority, and people considered hostile toward the government (aka Oath keepers and local militias) as mentally ill with the illness titled “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.

It was reported on October 8 2010 from OffTheGrid News that anybody who is disobedient, defiant, a free thinker, or even considered hostile toward authority was to be labeled by psychiatrists as ‘Mentally Ill’.

Now I have got my hands on a ebook version of the year 2000 version of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR Fourth Edition (Text Revision) By the American Psychiatric Association version DSM-TV-TR (The non TR Version was said to be older and so I got the newer one which had the information that Off The Grid News warned about).

Now as I search up the keywords “oppositional defiant disorder” on adobe reader I found exactly what Off The Grid News was talking about. So it is now Confirmed basically that anyone who disobeys authority or even questions authority is now considered mentally ill and can be thrown in a prison-like mental institution under tax payers dollars.

CONTINUE . . .

Here's my Google Search for "Oppositional defiant disorder".

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

God's Word defines them as sinners, not mentally ill.

I'll continue to trust God on this and reject the DSM

3. targus

targus New Member

:laugh:
    ODD is referring to children. :rolleyes:

Did you read any of your "research"?

4. Steadfast Fred

From DSM-V:

Note: Not all specifications are speaking of children. #4 in the Argumentive/Defiant section above is, but others are not necessarily speaking of children alone.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, where does that leave us as a nation which has an authority defying founding document called "The Declaration of Independence"?

We're a bunch of ODDBALLS.

HankD

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Talk about seeking out a conspiracy where there is none!

As a student of the Rehabilitation Counseling profession I am familiar with the DSM.

Targus is correct- ODD applies only to children and adolescents. Untreated ODD may lead to Conduct Disorder and to Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD).

Recommended treatment for ODD does NOT include "being thrown in a prison-like mental institution under tax payers dollars."

Sheesh.:rolleyes:

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think what Poncho is saying could have ramifications for the future that anyone opposing the prevailing common opinion can be labeled as dangerous.

I am not sure that is what will happen, but much of what I dismissed as poncho's craziness/paranoia has become less never could happen and more "well, it could happen".

8. Steadfast Fred

If a child diagnosed with ODD grows into adulthood and still displays the same behavior, he still has ODD. It does not make sense to say it is something else if it is the same behavior.

If he displays the exact same behavior as an adult that he did as a child and is not diagnosed as having ODD as an adult, then he never had ODD as a child.

By the way, the Bible identifies this thing the DSM calls ODD. The Bible calls it rebellion and says it is as the sin of witchcraft.

#8 Steadfast Fred, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's been happening for awhile now Tom.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=80844

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I thought that we were all sinners, some redeemed and some not!

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We are all sinners it's just that we sinners who dare question the unlawful activities of government are now considered crazy and can be locked up on the criminal's whim.

Just like in Nazi Germany communist China and the old USSR.

#11 poncho, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  12. targus

targus New Member

Ok - that was the conspiracy nut job leap. :laugh:

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

So our Founding Fathers practiced witchcraft?

14. Steadfast Fred

The Bible says rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. If you choose to believe the DSM rather than the Bible, that is your choice.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah but they were all afflicted with "ODD" so it wasn't really their fault.