1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lessons Learned from Noah's Ark -Great Study!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noah's Ark : Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark.

ONE: Don't miss the boat.

TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat!

THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.

FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.

SIX: Build your future on high ground.

SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.

EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.

NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.

TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

ELEVEN: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did? :type:

#1 righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Amen!!!

RD...that was excellent!!!:thumbs::applause:

Bro.Greg:type:

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Righteousdude2, it's no wonder that I never seen to get anything done. :saint:

I couldn't resist pulling up a search engine to learn more. :type:

A sermon outline based on lessons learned: http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/lessons-from-noah-wayne-burnett-sermon-on-noah-34166.asp Another one: http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermon...ry-richards-sermon-on-faith-general-56050.asp

While my ultimate dependence is on God, I also believe in being as self sufficient as possible, which decreases our likelyhood of being able to help "widows and orphans" instead of being them. Whether it's hunkering down to ride out an ice storm, or facing 7 years of famine we should be prepared, as God gives us the ability to do so.

In this search engine run of Noah's lessons, found this prepardness article “Building Your Ark…Lessons Learned from Noah” pdf http://peaceofpreparedness.com/Reso... Your Ark...Lessons learned from Noah2011.pdf that has practical application based on Noah's lessons. (I've bookmarked it for a more thorough reading later.)

Why the woodpecker should have been left behind
    http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/Everything I Need to Know.htm

12. Remember that woodpeckers inside are a larger threat than storms outside. http://www.crosswalk.com/culture/hu...-i-learned-from-noah-and-the-ark-1252094.html

With that, I've gotta stop! Sun will be up soon and it's another opportunity to ask for guidance to do His will, in His name, for His glory.

:wavey:

4. Gregory Perry Sr.

Excellent...!

OTer....all that was excellent....at this point I'll also call your attention to Bro.Ken Ham and the excellent ministry of Answers in Genesis. They are very strong in their teaching that the historical accounts given in Genesis chapters 1-11 should be taught as the true HISTORY that they are and not as "stories". For more go to:
    Answers In Genesis/mainpage

Ark Encounter: Help Build the Ark!

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian W

Virtual Tour | Creation Museum

Enjoy...! My wife and I have been there(to the Creation Museum) and really want to go back soon.....a wonderful place.

Bro.Greg:godisgood:

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Brother Greg, Answers in Genesis is one of the sites that helped me undo a lifetime of "education" that led to the views I once held on evolution.

Thanks for the other links. Perhaps some day I can visit in person.

:godisgood:

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Amen!

Brother...trust me on this one....you would be SO blessed. I can't even tell people about my visit there with out "tearing up". I walked through that place with a lump in my throat so big I felt like SHOUTING OUTLOUD the whole time. Felt like I had swallowed a brick! IN this world...when you are blessed enough to go to a place that is 1000% in support of your "worldview" it is a time to remember. Those kind of places (outside of nature) are getting very hard to find in our day. We visited within a few months of the grand opening back in 2007 and thy have expanded it greatly now. I highly recommend it to all who will listen! Bless you brother. Between AiG and the venerable Institute for Creation Research there is no sane reason for ANY Christian to ever be mis-informed or uninformed about God's truth concerning Creation. Genesis 1-11 is the bedrock foundation of EVERY other truth in the Word of God.

Bro.Greg:thumbs:

7. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

Thank for sharing OP...love it!

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Ah yes, the Creation Museum...where dinosaurs have saddles on them. :laugh:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Excellent post. I have heard Noah and the ark compared to both sides of the Pre Trib Rapture. One idea says the Lord removed Noah from the flood, and the other says the Lord got Noah through the flood. So go figure. LOL. Great thread, and thanks for posting.

10. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. awaken

awaken Active Member

And there was also a picture of one (Enoch) being taken/translated before the flood. What is the lesson in that?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Awaken, that is a good question. I will think about it and get back to you. One of the best ways to learn on this board is to see questions that would have never crossed one's mind.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Enoch lived in a very wicked time, and is spoken of in terms of faith in Hebrews and in Jude in relation to judgement. It might be assumed that Enoch was warning mankind of God's judgement against sin before he was translated at age 365. Notice when his son Methuselah dies, the flood starts. The name translates roughly into "when he dies, then judgement." Also, Enoch's translation could point to life after death, a spiritual body, and Christs asscention. With as faithful as Enoch appears to have been in a wicked generation, one would think his translation would have sent a very clear message to a wicked world.

14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. awaken

awaken Active Member

Some say it is a picture of the rapture...before the wrath of God.
    But if that is so...then who does Noah represent?