BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Politics

Politics Discuss national and world politics.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

Every major war in the last 20 years except the CIA/South America dope wars has been Muslims against someone. It's Islam against the world.

Yes, there are some peace loving Muslims. I suspect there were peace loving Germans in Dresden and Berlin and peace loving Japanese in Tokyo and Heroshima. We still bombed them to smitherenes and if we didn't we would be speaking German, not English.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Better to firebomb a few thousand civilians (Dresden) than learn another language I reckon.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Joseph_Botwinick
Quote:
Originally posted by billwald:
Every major war in the last 20 years except the CIA/South America dope wars has been Muslims against someone. It's Islam against the world.

Yes, there are some peace loving Muslims. I suspect there were peace loving Germans in Dresden and Berlin and peace loving Japanese in Tokyo and Heroshima. We still bombed them to smitherenes and if we didn't we would be speaking German, not English.
I somewhat agree with you. Some clarification is in order, however, I think:

1. Every major war in the past 20 years has been started by Islamic Extremists. It's Islamic Extremists against the world.

2. We do not need to Nuke Iraq and Afganistan as we are winning the war there. I think the bombs were dropped on Japan as a last resort. We didn't do that as our opening salvo.

Joseph Botwinick
Old 07-09-2005, 11:18 AM
3,000 Posts Club

billwald&poncho
By the time Dresden was bombed to hell the US was out of the dangerzone, it was mostly done because it could be done and it had been most expensive to develop and build all those bombers and hire all those folks to run Bombercommand.

Also terrorist groups and Guerilla bands (hidden, spread out, small and mobile) can't be effectively fought with huge bombardments.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:29 AM
30,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally posted by mioque:
By the time Dresden was bombed to hell the US was out of the dangerzone
Germany had not surrendered and unconditionally surrender was called for. The bombing was necessary to cut down on the loss of allied troops and to try convince Germany to surrender unconditionally. They refused to do so until they were totally conquered which showed what little regard Hitler had for the welfare of the German people.

The same case existed with Japan. The war was lost but they kept holding out. Thus, we had to drop the atomic bombs to cut down on the loss of allied troops(estimated to be 1,000,000 if we had had to invade the Japanese home islands and several times that among the Japanese) and to try to convince the Japanese military command to surrender unconditionally. They should have done so before the atomic bombs as Tokyo and the other industrial cities were already in ruins. But their mindset made it very difficult for them to accept defeat.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:36 AM
3,000 Posts Club

KenH
billwald&poncho claimed that the bombings were needed to SAVE the US, that's a bit silly considering the late stage of the war in which those cities got blasted.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:44 AM
30,000 Posts Club

Okay. [img]smile.gif[/img] I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that the bombings were necessary to bring about unconditional surrender.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:46 AM
30,000 Posts Club

www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/14muslimconflicts.html
I host "Sunrise Bluegrass" from 8:00-11:00 a.m. ET on Saturday mornings at www.worldwidebluegrass.com. Come listen for a spell.