BaptistBoard.com  
     

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container
 
Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist DEBATE Forums (Baptist Only) > Baptist Theology & Bible Study

Baptist Theology & Bible Study General discussion of Baptist theology

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
beameup's Avatar
beameup beameup is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 646
Default The Gospel of the Kingdom vs. The Gospel of Grace

After presenting the Gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus, Peter presents to the Jews ("the circumcision")
their steps to salvation and receipt of the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:22-37):
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Later, Peter is in the presence of Gentiles and presents them the Gospel and while he is yet speaking they received the Holy Ghost.
No "repentance", no "baptism", only belief (faith).
Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter,
because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.


The Gospel of Grace, The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15:1, 2a, 3, 4

Israel had the opportunity to accept Jesus as the Messiah and usher in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth at that time.
As was the case with John the Baptist, genetic Israelites had to repent AND be baptized after receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom.
There would have been a Tribulation at that time of 7 years and destruction of the Temple as prophesied in Scripture.
They failed to accept the Messiah as a nation, and after the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, all opportunity was lost.

Now, almost 2,000 years later, genetic Israel is once again "in the land" and the Temple MUST be rebuilt in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
Things are really "heating up" in the Middle East (in case you haven't noticed ). The 70th week of Daniel awaits fulfillment...

The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles, The Gospel of Grace:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Eph 2:8
__________________
1. Unsaved (Christ outside), 2. Saved "Carnal" Self-Directed, 3. Spirit-Directed Believer

Last edited by beameup; 08-26-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Iconoclast's Avatar
Iconoclast Iconoclast is online now
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beameup View Post
After presenting the Gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus, Peter presents to the Jews ("the circumcision")
their steps to salvation and receipt of the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:22-37):
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Later, Peter is in the presence of Gentiles and presents them the Gospel and while he is yet speaking they received the Holy Ghost.
No "repentance", no "baptism", only belief (faith).
Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter,
because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.


The Gospel of Grace, The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15:1, 2a, 3, 4

Israel had the opportunity to accept Jesus as the Messiah and usher in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth at that time.
As was the case with John the Baptist, genetic Israelites had to repent AND be baptized after receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom.
There would have been a Tribulation at that time of 7 years and destruction of the Temple as prophesied in Scripture.
They failed to accept the Messiah as a nation, and after the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, all opportunity was lost.

Now, almost 2,000 years later, genetic Israel is once again "in the land" and the Temple MUST be rebuilt in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
Things are really "heating up" in the Middle East (in case you haven't noticed ). The 70th week of Daniel awaits fulfillment...

The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles, The Gospel of Grace:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Eph 2:8
This is false from start to finish as grace is the only way God has ever saved anyone.
__________________
All that die have not the plague, and all that
perish eternally are not guilty of the same profligate sins.The covetous are
excluded from the kingdom of God no less severely than fornicators,
idolaters, adulterers, and thieves, 1 Corinthians 6:9,10.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 PM
beameup's Avatar
beameup beameup is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
This is false from start to finish as grace is the only way God has ever saved anyone.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mat 24:14

Let me guess... this was fulfilled in 70AD.
__________________
1. Unsaved (Christ outside), 2. Saved "Carnal" Self-Directed, 3. Spirit-Directed Believer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM
beameup's Avatar
beameup beameup is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 646
Default

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, [Paul ]
as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter
Galatians 2:7

The Gospel of the Uncircumcision is the Gospel of Grace (through faith without works).
The Gospel of the Circumcision is the Gospel of the Kingdom (including works).

The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation by believing genetic Israelites (ie: "Jacob").
__________________
1. Unsaved (Christ outside), 2. Saved "Carnal" Self-Directed, 3. Spirit-Directed Believer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Iconoclast's Avatar
Iconoclast Iconoclast is online now
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beameup View Post
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mat 24:14

Let me guess... this was fulfilled in 70AD.
The end of the Jewish theocracy did happen then.[it was the end of the age]The gospel was already expanding into the world by then....it is still expanding until the rapture on the last day.
__________________
All that die have not the plague, and all that
perish eternally are not guilty of the same profligate sins.The covetous are
excluded from the kingdom of God no less severely than fornicators,
idolaters, adulterers, and thieves, 1 Corinthians 6:9,10.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Iconoclast's Avatar
Iconoclast Iconoclast is online now
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beameup View Post
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, [Paul ]
as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter
Galatians 2:7

The Gospel of the Uncircumcision is the Gospel of Grace (through faith without works).
The Gospel of the Circumcision is the Gospel of the Kingdom (including works).


The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation by believing genetic Israelites (ie: "Jacob").
This is horrible teaching in that it is without any biblical support...there is one gospel.
__________________
All that die have not the plague, and all that
perish eternally are not guilty of the same profligate sins.The covetous are
excluded from the kingdom of God no less severely than fornicators,
idolaters, adulterers, and thieves, 1 Corinthians 6:9,10.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeshua1 Yeshua1 is offline
10,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 13,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beameup View Post
After presenting the Gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus, Peter presents to the Jews ("the circumcision")
their steps to salvation and receipt of the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:22-37):
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Later, Peter is in the presence of Gentiles and presents them the Gospel and while he is yet speaking they received the Holy Ghost.
No "repentance", no "baptism", only belief (faith).
Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter,
because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.


The Gospel of Grace, The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15:1, 2a, 3, 4

Israel had the opportunity to accept Jesus as the Messiah and usher in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth at that time.
As was the case with John the Baptist, genetic Israelites had to repent AND be baptized after receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom.
There would have been a Tribulation at that time of 7 years and destruction of the Temple as prophesied in Scripture.
They failed to accept the Messiah as a nation, and after the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, all opportunity was lost.

Now, almost 2,000 years later, genetic Israel is once again "in the land" and the Temple MUST be rebuilt in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
Things are really "heating up" in the Middle East (in case you haven't noticed ). The 70th week of Daniel awaits fulfillment...

The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles, The Gospel of Grace:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Eph 2:8
SAME Gospel for both jew and gentile, for Christ is the Messiah for both!

the entire NT is inspired and written for both jews and gentiles!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Iconoclast's Avatar
Iconoclast Iconoclast is online now
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua1 View Post
SAME Gospel for both jew and gentile, for Christ is the Messiah for both!

the entire NT is inspired and written for both jews and gentiles!
beamup is trying to follow the divided truth...but it divides to far as you can see. He is being consistent but it is fatally flawed.
__________________
All that die have not the plague, and all that
perish eternally are not guilty of the same profligate sins.The covetous are
excluded from the kingdom of God no less severely than fornicators,
idolaters, adulterers, and thieves, 1 Corinthians 6:9,10.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM
beameup's Avatar
beameup beameup is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 646
Default

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luke 11:2

We are still waiting. The Rapture and Tribulation are "at the door".
The Kingdom will be preached by the circumcision during the Tribulation.

"rightly dividing the Word of Truth"
__________________
1. Unsaved (Christ outside), 2. Saved "Carnal" Self-Directed, 3. Spirit-Directed Believer
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Iconoclast's Avatar
Iconoclast Iconoclast is online now
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 8,428
Default

beameup
Quote:
We are still waiting. The Rapture and Tribulation are "at the door".
The Kingdom will be preached by the circumcision during the Tribulation.

"rightly dividing the Word of Truth"
[/QUOTE]

Rightly dividing the word:
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
__________________
All that die have not the plague, and all that
perish eternally are not guilty of the same profligate sins.The covetous are
excluded from the kingdom of God no less severely than fornicators,
idolaters, adulterers, and thieves, 1 Corinthians 6:9,10.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.


The Fundamental Top 500   The Best Baptist Web Sites at Baptist411.com  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Copyright: Wrestling Clique Wrestling Forum
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
 

Christian Web Hosting for BaptistBoard.com is provided by BaptistHost.net