1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 3/24/14:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 24, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMF7Iaxc1E

It was almost ten years ago when, before the House International Relations Committee, I objected to the US Government funding NGOs to meddle in the internal affairs of Ukraine. At the time the “Orange Revolution” had forced a regime change in Ukraine with the help of millions of dollars from Washington.

At that time I told the Committee:

We do not know exactly how many millions—or tens of millions—of dollars the United States government spent on the presidential election in Ukraine. We do know that much of that money was targeted to assist one particular candidate, and that through a series of cut-out non-governmental organizations (NGOs)—both American and Ukrainian—millions of dollars ended up in support of the presidential candidate…

I was worried about millions of dollars that the US government-funded National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and its various related organizations spent to meddle in Ukraine’s internal affairs. But it turns out that was only the tip of the iceberg.

Last December, US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland gave a speech in which she admitted that since 1991 the US government has:
    nvested more than 5 billion dollars to help Ukraine…in the development of democratic institutions and skills in promoting civil society and a good form of government.

This is the same State Department official who was caught on tape just recently planning in detail the overthrow of the Ukrainian government.
    That five billion dollars appears to have bought a revolution in Ukraine. But what do the US taxpayers get, who were forced to pay for this interventionism? Nothing good. Ukraine is a bankrupt country that will need tens of billions of dollars to survive the year. Already the US-selected prime minister has made a trip to Washington to ask for more money.

And what will the Ukrainians get? Their democracy has been undermined by the US-backed coup in Kiev. In democracies, power is transferred peacefully through elections, not seized by rebels in the streets. At least it used to be.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

The exact wording of this post appears on no less than six Paul websites, and two others that probably are Paul websites. Guess what? This senile old fool who lies about supporting abortion and legalization of marijuana and other drugs of choice for abusers is probably running for president again.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#3 poncho, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  4. thisnumbersdisconnected

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#5 poncho, Mar 24, 2014
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one I know is better at talking the talk.

Nor worse at walking the walk..

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Exactly! :thumbsup:

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Can't refute the message? Shoot the messenger! Talk about cliche. :laugh:

I'm sure no one noticed that your hypocrisy is showing again TND. I mean with you usually being the first to complain about people being off topic and all. :smilewinkgrin:

No shame for the shameless I reckon.

#9 poncho, Mar 24, 2014
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Paul does give straight talk - with his blinder on.....

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hmmm, shooting the messenger seems to be quite popular among the interventionist crowd. But then they never did have much luck trying to refute Ron Paul's message so I guess character assassination is the best they hope. I wish they'd learn some new tricks though.

Speaking of interventionists I wonder why the Rev has chimed in yet?

Oh BTW, thanks for helping to keep this thread at the top of the page guys. Appreciate it. Better chance more people will view it that way. :smilewinkgrin:

#11 poncho, Mar 24, 2014
  12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Sure. Give 'em a chance to pan Paul and prove to you he can't be elected.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why sure and so you have more chances to put your hypocrisy on display. Guess this thread is working out in Ron's favor after all.

I have to wonder why you're here wasting your valuable time though isn't there some government sanctioned murder you could be cheering on somewhere else instead? Gee whiz with 79 active unconstitutional foreign interventions going on around the world that Washington has us involved in I'd think there would be.

For a guy that swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic you sure don't show much concern about how all the foreign aid Washington hands out and interventions it starts are in violation of that constitution.

Ron Paul on the other hand does show concern and has spoke out against your war hungry heros that habitually violate it.

Man that must just boil your mush.

#13 poncho, Mar 24, 2014
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Aid to Ukraine Is a Bad Deal For All

Last week Congress overwhelmingly passed a bill approving a billion dollars in aid to Ukraine and more sanctions on Russia. The bill will likely receive the president’s signature within days. If you think this is the last time US citizens will have their money sent to Ukraine, you should think again. This is only the beginning.

This $1 billion for Ukraine is a rip-off for the America taxpayer, but it is also a bad deal for Ukrainians. Not a single needy Ukrainian will see a penny of this money, as it will be used to bail out international banks who hold Ukrainian government debt. According to the terms of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)-designed plan for Ukraine, life is about to get much more difficult for average Ukrainians. The government will freeze some wage increases, significantly raise taxes, and increase energy prices by a considerable margin.

But the bankers will get paid and the IMF will get control over the Ukrainian economy.

The bill also authorizes more US taxpayer money for government-funded “democracy promotion” NGOs, and more money to broadcast US government propaganda into Ukraine via Radio Free Europe and Voice of America. It also includes some saber-rattling, directing the US Secretary of State to “provide enhanced security cooperation with Central and Eastern European NATO member states.”

The US has been “promoting democracy” in Ukraine for more than ten years now, but it doesn’t seem to have done much good. Recently a democratically-elected government was overthrown by violent protestors. That is the opposite of democracy, where governments are changed by free and fair elections. What is shocking is that the US government and its NGOs were on the side of the protestors! If we really cared about democracy we would not have taken either side, as it is none of our business.

Washington does not want to talk about its own actions that led to the coup, instead focusing on attacking the Russian reaction to US-instigated unrest next door to them. So the new bill passed by Congress will expand sanctions against Russia for its role in backing a referendum in Crimea, where most of the population voted to join Russia. The US, which has participated in the forced change of borders in Serbia and elsewhere, suddenly declares that international borders cannot be challenged in Ukraine.

Read More At: http://www.prisonplanet.com/aid-to-ukraine-is-a-bad-deal-for-all.html

15. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You know that crazy old guy that all the establishment republicans and democrats love to make fun for being "out of touch with reality" because he's proven them wrong so many times.

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Judging by the current field of potential candidates, I don't think that's a bad thing. Ron Paul may be many things, not the least of which is consistent. I know where he stands, and he has a track record that backs up what he says. Wouldn't you prefer the guy you know to the guy or lady you thought you knew?

As for others on the Democratic side of the aisle, I am tired of voting for people who say one thing and do another - much like what happened with the GOP (following the lead of the NeoCons).

Regards,
    BiR

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

TND doesn't like Ron Paul because he's against big authoritarian government and the corporatist warfare state.

#18 poncho, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014