1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“If you are a Jew, you should be very afraid of Donald Trump”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Dec 5, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big deal. American Jews are mostly political liberals. They'll do everything in their power to be sure no conservative gets elected.

Fear has nothing to do with it. But evidently fearmongering does.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    who supported Barry Goldwater? Wasn't he a Jew? Isn't Kissinger & Cantor from dat tribe?

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the rabbit hole goes much deeper than ‘liberal Jews’, it's 'neocon RINO Jews' that are doing the most whining now:

Donald Trump's Rise Sparks Widespread Angst Among Jewish Republicans

"At a recent board meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition, the big donors and high-powered operatives in the room went around the table to make sure they had someone supporting each potential Republican nominee....

....The Republican Jewish elite have spread themselves wide across the GOP firmament.

Yet Donald Trump, who has topped 20% to lead all other Republicans in recent presidential primary polls, and who also leads the pack in both Iowa and New Hampshire, is a different story. An RJC member who was present at the board meeting said he could not recall if Trump had backers there. What is clear is that, despite his surge in the polls, the anti-immigration hard-liner has strikingly little support among prominent Republican Jewish donors, activists and consultants.

Jewish Republicans’ critiques of Trump, when they can be convinced to air them, fall into two categories. Most echo the concerns of the Republican establishment, deriding the real estate developer and former reality show star who is advocating selective tax increases on the wealthy as unserious. They worry that he will drive away nontraditional Republican voters. Others, however, have deeper concerns.

“There are a lot of folks who are, to be charitable, into white identity politics, and to be uncharitable are outright racists, who are supporting Trump,” said Nathan Wurtzel, a Republican political consultant and principal at The Catalyst Group, who is Jewish. “It’s very off-putting and disturbing.”....

....Trump has also drawn the backing of an enthusiastic contingent of white nationalists. “You’ll see it a lot on the Internet,” said Wurtzel, who is active on Twitter. In a New Yorker article published in late August, writer Evan Osnos quoted Richard Spencer, head of a white nationalist think tank, saying that Trump embodies “an unconscious vision that white people have — that their grandchildren might be a hated minority in their own country.”....

“It’s because he can say anything he wants and get away with it,” Wurtzel said.

....Trump’s pundit-defying rise has highlighted the distance between the Republican Party’s growing Jewish caucus and some parts of its base. That’s an unlikely role for Trump, who has perhaps the most personal ties to the Jewish community of any Republican candidate: His daughter Ivanka Trump converted to Judaism in 2009, and Trump has lived his life in the heavily Jewish milieu of upper-class Manhattan. “Not only does he have a daughter who is… Shabbat observant, but he’s also a brash, outspoken real estate magnate,” said Jeff Ballabon, a Jewish Republican activist. “In some sense he seems more like an insider than an outsider to our culture.” .......

Republican Jewish operatives have worked hard in recent decades to pave inroads into the party for Jewish voters, and to jack up Jewish support for Republican candidates. To that end, the RJC has cultivated candidates like Ohio state treasurer Josh Mandel, who ran an unsuccessful campaign for the Senate in 2012, and former Hawaii governor Linda Lingle, who now serves on the group’s board. Recent polls show that those efforts could be working......

Jewish Republicans, however, don’t look quite like other Republicans. Many RJC board members are pro-choice and support same-sex marriage, which puts them at a distance from much of the party. And while some Jewish Republicans share wholeheartedly in the party’s conservative ideals, the RJC and its allies have also been working to attract Jewish moderates and liberals, who simply believe the Democrats have been unfriendly to Israel. Some worry that it’s these Jewish supporters who could be put off by Trump.

I think Trump could make the Republican party look unattractive to people who are more moderate in nature, to the extent the party is made to look more unwelcoming,” Wurtzel said.....".

#4 kyredneck, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it doesn't. They're just part of the republican "establishment" (read that as liberal big spending big government republicans) and they are all afraid of Trump.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    5 Cringeworthy Things Donald Trump Has Said About the Jews

1) Jews are Hagglers
    “I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.” (Today at the RJC.)

2) One of My Favorite Daughters is Jewish
    “I want to thank my Jewish daughter. I have a Jewish daughter…This wasn’t in the plan but I’m very glad it happened.” (The Algemeiner’s ‘Jewish 100′ at Capitale. Feb. 2015.)

3) How ‘Bout That Jon Leibowitz — I Mean Stewart
    “I promise you that I’m much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz - I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated.” (A tweet about Jon Stewart in April 2013.)

4) Debbie Wasserman Schultz is “Neurotic” (Read: Jewish Woman)
    “This is a woman that is a terrible person,” Trump said of Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz after calling her “crazy” and a “highly neurotic woman.”(Last month on Breitbart News show on Sirius XM Radio.)

5) Not That I’ve Actually Read Hitler…
    “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them… My friend Marty Davis from Paramount gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (Trump’s response in a 1990 profile on whether he read Hitler’s writings.)

So what do you think carpro, is he anti-Semitic?

#6 kyredneck, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you posted doesn't provide any evidence he is anti-semitic.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, but evidently many Jews don't:

Donald Trump's speech to Republican Jews was filled with anti-Semitic stereotypes

Midday on Thursday, Donald Trump gave a speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition. These are three real things that he said:

• "Stupidly, you want to give money. ...You're not going to support me because I don't want your money."
    • "I'm a negotiator, like you folks."
    • "Is there anyone in this room who doesn't negotiate deals? Probably more than any room I've ever spoken."
    Trump to the Republican Jewish Coalition: "You're not going to support me because I don't want your money." What the hell does that mean?

— Ari Fleischer (@AriFleischer) December 3, 2015

You have to give plaudits to Donald Trump for chutzpah. Who else gives a border line anti-Semitic speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition?

— Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) December 3, 2015

The time that Trump spit on a Jewish audience and everyone pretended they were in a water park

— Chemi Shalev (@ChemiShalev) December 3, 2015

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump Blasted as ‘Anti-Semitic’ by Israeli Media for Making Jewish Stereotype

“I’m a negotiator — like you folks,” GOP frontrunner says at Republican Jewish Coalition event

Mexicans, women, Muslims and now Jews. Just another day of offending groups in Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

The GOP frontrunner, who’s opened up a commanding 20-point lead in a new CNN/ORC poll, has come under fire in Israel for a controversial comment about Jewish people made at an advocacy group’s event.

“I’m a negotiator — like you folks,” Trump said at a Republican Jewish Coalition event on Thursday.

He later asked, “Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t negotiate deals? Probably more than any room I’ve ever spoken.”

His comments drew boos from the crowd, spurring Trump to say, “You won’t support me because I don’t want your money.”

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We already agree most Jews wouldn't want him as president for one reason or another. I doubt this adds to the number, but instead just identifies some of the reasons.

What's your point?

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect my point will be made as it grows closer to the primaries and then on to the general election if he gets the nomination.

In a nutshell, he's perceived as a threat to Jewish control. Unlike the other candidates he doesn't want or need their money. They can't pull his strings because there won't be any strings to pull.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't need any of their money, Jewish or otherwise, and that scares all the "establishment", Democrats and leftist republicans alike.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is this "establishment" you keep referring to? Who's in charge of it?

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big spending , big government republicans that have been running the party for years. Represented by John Boehner and your very own Senator from Kentucky as well as the Bushes and their backers.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All the evidence points to the private global banking cartel and the transnational corporations but as I have found out time after time the baptistborg will instinctively overlook any evidence that might threaten their comfort zone aka the false left vs right paradigm.