1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Real” Ability of all God’s Creatures to Respond to the Influence of Him/Seek Truth

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

LOL, now you are professing Arminian doctrine. Arminians say they know they are elect because they have believed, now you are saying the same thing!

When the rubber hits the road you must resort to non-Cal/Arm doctrine to have any assurance of your salvation. Your Ref/Cal doctrine fails you.

Welcome aboard!

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast posted, regarding his witnessing to a lost person, that he says this...

God have mercy. It IS NOT Gods desire that *some* be saved. No, according to the scriptures it is His desire that ALL be saved. They all WONT, but God wants them all to be saved.

Which means that all the other billions who were created were created with
    no hope of anything other than hell. God have mercy.

God have mercy.

Christ came and died for the sins of the entire world. Every sin ever commited, or will be commited.

Because, of course, they were the lucky ones who won the proverbial "lottery" and get to be saved.

May God have mercy

3. Alive in Christ

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I preach of the promise of a loving Creator made before the foundation of the world for all His creatures that offers grace through faith for whosoever will love the truth and believe; I preach the word of faith that if they confess the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead they will be saved.

You say, “you would have no problem preaching the “bible truth” in front of me” and that is correct as properly defined, but if you started preaching a fatalistic determinist’ doctrine that attempts to proclaim to the lost that the promise is only “really” offered to a special pre-selected few you can rest assured that God’s truth would stand against that false doctrine and a searching person would be presented with God’s truth that all men have hope in the promises made through Jesus Christ!

Tell me Iconoclast did you lie to your children when you put them to bed at night and tell them that Jesus loves them or did you tell them your “bible truth” that you hope they are one of the pre-selected few?

Nevermind, I’ve made my argument in detail that all God’s creatures have the “real” ability to respond to the influences of God which gives light and hope to every man that comes into the world in the OP and post #39 and backed it up with plenty of unanswered scriptures. I have not seen you offer anything more than a few snippets accompanied with poor reasoning in this tread that were quickly refuted. I see you “really” have nothing more to offer to a carefully laid out argument than a few smokescreens and we’ve had this discussion before.

#84 Benjamin, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
  5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman,
    All calvinists would agree that when someone believes it is only because God has allowed them to...why do you think this strange?
    Calvinists use Jn 3:16 also! Calvinists go to Acts 2 where sinners are commanded to repent and believe the gospel;

Winman I gave you only the readers digest version....off course you know that the elect are commanded to ;
    Winman...do you give dilegence to make YOUR CALLING AND ELECTION SURE? Are you one of God's elect Winman?
    The fact that you would think a calvinist would not think profession /confession is made unto salvation is a bit odd. Almost every sermon I know of includes in the message a call to come to Christ for mercy.
    maybe you have not read or heard many calvinists lately?

if you have not heard this kind of preaching let me know,and I will send you plenty of such sermons.
    The salvation that Jesus provides is 100% certain based on His promise. the real question is are we IN Christ.
    thats why we are told to examine ourselves if we be in the faith....thier is a scriptural assurance of salvation....saving faith works,as Christ works in us!

#85 Iconoclast, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
  6. Winman

Winman Active Member

How can you make your election sure if you are not a factor in your election? You can "play" Christian all your life, but if God did not elect you, you are flat out of luck in your system.

And yes, I know I am elect because I have believed on Christ. I do not have to maintain my salvation, I am preserved by Christ. If you truly believe you are made a new creature, you are born again of incorruptable seed, you cannot lose your salvation.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman,
    Welcome to the biblical side winman:thumbsup: This brief moment of clarity should be saved to your favorites!

You had to make a calvinistic statement here to describe salvation:tongue3:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

I posted...

And you said...

Note that what we are refering to here is a large quantity passages of scripture, that I posted for you, and not commentary from me. I simply posted scriptures.

And you..in essence.. are opting to ignore them, and, rather, simply call those scriptures a "strange notion"

The scriptures I posted are compelling, relevant, and worthy of consideration. Yet you flippantly dismiss them.

Are you SURE you dont heed your Calvinism over the scriptures?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just out of curiosity,
    When you (or someone) believes and then decides they want to have a cup of coffee, is it only because God allows them to have a cup of coffee, or did they make that decision of their own free will? :smilewinkgrin:

11. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

just a couple of Questions for you on this subject...

just WHAT happened to man at fall of Adam?
    Are we now born into original Sin state, depraived/dead or "just" hurt/marred/scarred?

do we actually even have the means now within our sin natures to 'freely' respond to the Gospel?

Does God HAVE to do anything extra grace wise apart from the Gospel being taught than?

Thanks!

12. JesusFan

Well...

One for you to answer!

Who has ULTIMATE say in what happens in the Universe, our lives etc

God or man?

Who has FINAL say in all things, including salvation

God or man?

Whoever has "final call" would than really be God!

To answer your question...

You chose to drink that brand of coffee, God knew which one you would select, as that dfalls under his "permissive: will for your life!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I chose my coffee, not God.
    It was only God's omniscience, not God's pre-determined will.
    I still chose what kind of coffee I wanted.
    I also chose to accept or reject Christ.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We are separated from God. Read post #39 as to why and how. Please Note: My opening statement grants that God is the influencing agent.

Creaturely volition is a must for there to be Truth in His words. Did you not understand the ways/attributes of God I spoke of from Deut 32:4? How could we not have the ability to respond and all the scriptures, Divine judgment (God’s ways – Deut 32:4) and God’s love and promises for His creatures be True?

Do you understand the theological consequences of “Hard Determinism”? I advise you to look it up.

God has provided light to all His creatures and none have an excuse not to respond to the actual/real true influences of Him, that response involves love for the truth which brings faith. There is no "extra" for a pre-selected few, as if the rest is without truth, God’s grace is sufficient for all, His offer is genuine and true for every man that comes into the world.

Welcome

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

16. JesusFan

We are in agreement that in things involving 'non spiritual" matters, the Lord has granted unto us limited" free will" we make real decisions that he already foresaw and forknew...

I am NOT a "hard determint" regarding salvation, But do believe that being reckoned 'dead" in ASdam, that we are not able to exercise faith ina positive sense being depraived, we are bound to make a free decision, but being a sinner will always be in the negative, to reject Christ...

Once God enables us to be able once again to freely choose yes or no both. we than can do as you believe, just have a step before we can get to that point!

Arminians call it prevelient grace...

17. JesusFan

NOT a "hard determint" though
    Not really a Cal, as they say that being an Armraldist, not in their camp really!

just saying that we do NOT have that freedom in our wills in our own nature to accept/rejecyt Jesus, as being found sinners, will decide "no" all the time

Once the Lord grants us Grace to enable us to be able to really decide, than we can have actually yes/no decision to make
    Those whom he allows this freedom be restored again will always decide yes, just as those with enabling will always 'free will" decide no

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

#98 Winman, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
  19. Alive in Christ

Benamin posted...

And here is scriptural support....

Quote:

20. JesusFan

Thread Status: