1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Real” Ability of all God’s Creatures to Respond to the Influence of Him/Seek Truth

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In other words he is omniscient and knows before hand what decisions we will make.
    Most people have a hard time with the meaning of the word "dead." It does not have any connotation of "corpse," lifelessness, etc. It simply means "separated." The last verse of James 2 points that out clearly. So does Genesis 3. Adam died. Adam continued to talk with God though he was dead. How is that possible? He wasn't a corpse, not even a spiritual corpse. He was simply separated from God spiritually. That is death; separation from God. And until God reconciled him to Himself through a blood sacrifice (Gen.3:21) there was no spiritual life, though Adam being dead could still communicate with God. He was still able to come to God and put his faith in God if he so desired.
    God doesn't enable an unregenerate person to put his faith in God any more than he enables an unregenerate person to make a cup of coffee. It is not taught in Scripture.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Uh, Brother, this doesn't add up. "Unable" means you can't do it. "Unwilling" means you don't want to do it. I am unwilling to drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean I am unable to do so. I could "pop a top", but I have no desire to do so, therefore I am unwilling, not unable. I was able to come to Christ years before I did, because He drew me for years. I was just unwilling to come, because I wanted to live my life my way. That doesn't mean I was unable to be saved, but rather, unwilling.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

6. JesusFan

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

8. JesusFan

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

11. JesusFan

12. quantumfaith

13. JesusFan

14. quantumfaith

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

16. JesusFan

17. JesusFan

Again though...

Spiritually dead in our natures of sinners refers to us NOT be able to freely respond to the Gospel , cna hear/understand "intellectual" but will NOT have means to decide 'yes" to Chrsit, as being sinners will respond in like fashion "no"

God grace quickens us to be able to freely decide for jesus at moment received Gospel...

God grace enables Gospel heard faith placed in ALL occur at essentially same period of time!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is an opinion not backed up in the Bible. I notice you don't use Scripture. Where does faith come from? For the unsaved it doesn't come from God; it comes from hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Go back into the gospels and read of all the ones that came to Jesus to be healed and many believed. What was the response of Jesus almost every time? Thy hath made thee whole. Jesus didn't give them the faith. It was theirs to begin with.

20. JesusFan

Differing shades of this within the Christian Camp!
    Some cals hold to the 'truth" that one 'proves" they are elected/saved BY staying faithful to the very end, that indeed saint not truely saved IF fall away, fail to perserving to the very end.... No room for "carnal" christian, either saved or not!

Some. like my self, hold that God is the One keeping us saved and secured, that we can choose to NOT obey God, loss of works/rewards NOT eternal life though, room for a carnal living Christian

Classic Arms teach that God is able to, can keep us secure, BUT we still have the free will by god to ultimatly turn away and reject Christ and be lost in end

Amended view in Arms even though still casn choose to Aposty and 'fall away" from grace, God still keeps us saved, be like the man saved as by/through the Fire!

#120 JesusFan, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.