1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

“THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING.”….This saying hit me in so many ways today, which I just had to write about it. Two main ones the Gay Marriage debate…I’m surprised how many who claim to “KNOW GOD” think same sex marriage is ok, not looking at the ramifications. The other was the fact that most who celebrate Jesus’s death, burial and resurrection, think that He was crucified on Friday night, when the truth is if ones does a deeper study on the subject it is clear He died on Wed night before the Sabbath (high Sabbath…there was more than one Sabbath) at 6:00 pm…He had to be in the grave 3 full days and 3 full nights or He would be a lair…and there is much more.

Anyway, point being, I’m not shocked when someone cries out on fb or forums…Why aren’t we living in a more “godly” world? What happened to ethics, morals, common sense, manners and respect? Why isn’t God honored the way He should be, why don’t we keep short accounts with God and our neighbors? How did it get to where the “Sanctity Of Marriage” is being redefined, just like “Separation Of Church And State” was. Only thing is one decree was manmade and the other God’s TRUTH in His holy word. I think the real question should be…HOW DID WE LOSE THE COMPASS THAT CREATED SUCH A GREAT COUNTRY? WHY DON’T MORE CHRITIANS KNOW THE BIBLE AND TRUTH? I think the average Christian would be shocked to find out the real stats on FAITH in America….they didn’t surprise me…the link below is just one of many examples of BIBLE ILLITERCY…the word of God says, 2 Tim 2:15… “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

What happens when God’s people do not do this… 2 Timothy 4 says, “ I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.”

As long as Christians do not know the bible and TRUTH, they will be BABIES and IMMATURE like Paul said in these verses…1 Cor 3:21, “I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren't ready for anything stronger. And you still aren't ready,”….1 Peter 2:2 “Like newborn babies, thirst for the pure milk of the word so that by it you may grow in your salvation.”….Heb 12, “And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the Word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”

I could go into the fact that this was all predicted in the bible for the “END TIMES” to come, so again, no surprise. Just wish more would individually and adequately stand up for what they CLAIM TO BELIEVE in, instead of plagiarizing so much.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2009/June/Do-You-Know-Your-Bible-Many-Christians-Dont/

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it is not PC to offend someone
    and we are afraid of speaking up ...why - in part we may not know our Scriptures sufficiently

3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

Thanks, but I don't see where I was asking a question..more like making a profound statement!