1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Your Thoughts on Halloween”

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by 4ever4Jesus, Oct 3, 2010.

?
  1. I really Like Halloween

22.2%
  2. I don’t like Halloween

77.8%
  3. My spouse just put on their face. Are they ashamed of their Looks? Ha ha ha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

To a large extent, he's correct. To suggest otherwise would be ridiculous. Even evangelicals live their life in a vacuum.

2. KobrinFamily

KobrinFamily New Member

I myself am not a big fan of halloween, but I take the kids out too get some goodies they were Lighting McQueen and Mater and the baby was french fires we dont go out too far just some family and friends

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

We sat around the fire pit and roasted marshmallows while the trick or treaters came around. Had a couple of kids come around that had NEVER roasted a marshmellow!! Now they've enjoyed the experience. :)

They boys kept us entertained with their guitars Mybe one days they'll play actual music and not just chords, but hey, free is free and they had lots of fun!

Cass was home and did Jen's make up. Jen wanted to be "goth girl" lol, so she was all the way down to the spider web "tatoo" on her cheeks (eyeliner) and black fingernail polish. They boys decided they would "go goth" for the night as well so Cass painted their fingernails as well. they complained they could "feel the polish" and wanted it back off about 5 minutes later. (but they stuck it out for the night)

Jen's best friend dressed up as 80's chick (think pink and purple!) and her parents came down and sat around the fire pit with us and helped eat the big pot of chicken and dumplin's I had made for the evening.

All in all, a great night of fun and fellowship! And not nearly enough trick or treaters cause I still have candy left! :eek:

4. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

They have a bit of a problem with it in some churches - they definitely have in mine.

I've always thought of it as a harmless, fun night. Now I am thinking again.

5. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not like Halloween any more. Since it was the date Nevada was admitted to the Union in1964 I had Halloween off from the second grade on up because we moved to Las Vegas and dad worked at Nellis AFB.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I caught just part of a radio show last night where Halloween was being discussed, and one show host said a big part of the recent trend of playing chainsaw murderer, masked inquisitor, zombie, et al, is the desire to "experience the fear without the danger." Perhaps in that way it compares to amusement park rides; roller coasters that loop-the-loop or spiral, being dropped with a parachute, or a ride that slings you around and gets you dizzy. Maybe a liking for getting dizzy is like a wish to get drunk for just a moment without drinking [without the danger].

The idea makes sense. Surely that's why 'horror movies' have been popular for decades, and with an exponential increase in technology they have become more horrifying, per se, than the old Universal werewolf and vampire flicks. But we can see how the trend come on stronger and stronger, like many other trendy things with tech advances and the couterpart to the decrease in tolerance for bigotry-- the increase in the tolerance for ugliness, brashness, and in-your-faceness.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You nailed it....I hate working in dispatch on Halloween for all the above reasons.