1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

0bam@ call to Netanyahu

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Aug 1, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I demand that Israel agrees to an immediate unilateral ceasefire and ends all attacks – especially air strikes.”
    The conversation then ostensibly unfolded as follows:
    Netanyahu purportedly responds: “And what will Israel receive in return for a ceasefire?”
    Obama answers vaguely: “I believe that Hamas will stop firing rockets — calm in return for calm.”
    But Hamas has violated all five previous ceasefires, Netanyahu tells the president. “It’s a terrorist organization dedicated to Israel’s destruction.”
    The president doesn’t want to listen. “I repeat: I expect Israel to unilaterally cease all military operations. The images of destruction from Gaza distance the world from Israel’s position.”
    Netanyahu replies that US Secretary John Kerry’s proposal for a ceasefire (which the Israeli cabinet unanimously rejected Friday) was “utterly unrealistic and provided Hamas with military and diplomatic advantages.”
    Obama: “Within a week after Israel’s military operation ends, Qatar and Turkey will start negotiations with Hamas on the basis of 2012 ceasefire (which ended the 2012 Operation Pillar of Defense), including Israel’s commitment to lift the siege and other restrictions on Gaza.”
    A stunned Netanyahu replies that Turkey and Qatar are Hamas’s biggest supporters and that they can’t be relied upon to act as fair interlocutors.
    “I trust Qatar and Turkey,” Obama retorts. “Israel is not at all in the position to choose its mediators.”
    The Israeli leaders protests, arguing that Hamas will be allowed to launch rockets and use tunnels for terror attacks – but at this point Obama interrupts him: “The ball is in Israel’s court. It must end all its military operations.”

Read more: Israel, US deny veracity of transcript of 'hostile' Obama call to Netanyahu | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...ostile-obama-call-to-netanyahu/#ixzz399amkruj