1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

+1 for Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jeep Dragon, Sep 6, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Endure to the end

It is those who endure to the end that shall be saved, if any man leaves they are not the ones who abide in Christ and they are good for nothing but the fire.

If i am able to leave and never come back, I was never apart of it in the first place.

How can I go back to the life i once lived knowing Jesus Christ suffered for it.

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

1. So you believe that once a person becomes a believer they are eternally secure. But we know this if they continue in Faith?

2. If someone who one professed to be a believer (big difrerence) but leaves the faith, they have proved they were never a true believer from the first?

Simple Yes or No

Now you can play a huge mess up game here if not careful. Let me show you Psalms.
    Lets say someone turns away from God due to his children being killed in a fire and two nights later is killed by a drunk driver. Are they lost? Were they not of us? Let us change it a bit and say they are not killed, but are they still lost if in the first they showed the fruits of faith and the Spirit?

Just to give this a better understanding of this person, let us define what happened to him.
    His 8 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son burned alive in a fire clinging to each other and no one would allow him in to get to your children despite hearing their screams for daddy. And he is angry with God for allowing his children to die that way with him just outside being held back while they screamed for his help.

#142 Allan, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  3. psalms109:31

We are all going to die

Luke 13
    Repent or Perish
    1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

We are all going to die, it doesn't matter when or where.

What matters is who are we depending on for our salvation.

4. psalms109:31

scripture

2 Samuel 12
    Nathan Rebukes David
    1 The LORD sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, "There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.
    4 "Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him."
    5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, "As surely as the LORD lives, the man who did this deserves to die! 6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity."
    7 Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man! This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. 9 Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites. 10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.'
    11 "This is what the LORD says: 'Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity upon you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will lie with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.' "
    13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD."
    Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, [a] the son born to you will die."
    15 After Nathan had gone home, the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and went into his house and spent the nights lying on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.
    18 On the seventh day the child died. David's servants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, "While the child was still living, we spoke to David but he would not listen to us. How can we tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate."
    19 David noticed that his servants were whispering among themselves and he realized the child was dead. "Is the child dead?" he asked.
    "Yes," they replied, "he is dead."
    20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.
    21 His servants asked him, "Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!"
    22 He answered, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.' 23 But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."
    24 Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and lay with her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The LORD loved him; 25 and because the LORD loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah.
    Luke 12
    Do Not Worry
    22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
    27"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
    32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Philippians 4:5-7
    6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 21:22
    Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

Interesting evasion technique. Ask a question don't actually answer it.

don't worry about the 3rd question. But just answer the other two.

It isn't difficult to type
    yes, yes
    yes, no
    no, yes
    no, no

6. jne1611

jne1611 Member

It is for someone who does not want to face facts. I see where you are going & agree 100%. Apostasy from the faith is a big difference from backsliding on God.
    [​IMG]

7. psalms109:31

Standing in faith

You just can't wrap the word of God in mens word, or limit the word of God to a few sentences.

We are to look to God and His word during trials of our lives and do as Jesus tells us do not doubt but believe.

Men want to teach us it is O.K. to back down, and not to teach us to stand firm as Stephen who was pure in heart and seen God.

Don't let other men who have backed away from the truth discourage you, just do not boubt but believe. Look to God for answers not in mens limited understanding of His word.

#147 psalms109:31, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006