1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 John 5:7

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Lorelei, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pawn raider:

Unlikely. I've read her books and listened to some of her tapes and she hasn't even come close to saying what you claim. :rolleyes:

Frank.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From The End Times and Victorious Living, (January -February, 1994): 15 (a ministry of Paw Creek Church and Media Ministry).

"Daily during the six years needed for this investigation, the Lord miraculously brought the needed materials and resources--much like the ravens fed Elijah. Each discovery was not the result of effort on my part, but of the directed hand of God--so much so that I hesitated to even put my name on the book. Consequently, I used G. A. Riplinger, which signifies to me, God and Riplinger--God as author and Riplinger as secretary."

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard Ellen G. White say the same thing and all Baptists ganged up on her and her cult. :eek:

If there EVER was a case for a woman not to usurp authority and teach, its those two gals! Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

3. Raulf7

Raulf7 New Member

Dr. Bob Griffin

I can see you and I will get on well hehe

4. Rockfort

&lt; Don't forget the reverence in which the KJV translators held St. Augustine. &gt;

On that point they may have been on to something. My patches of St. Augustine are still green while the the rest of the lawn has withered away.

5. pawn raider

pawn raider Member

Pastor Larry,
    Does The End Times and Victorious Living give a source for their claim?

Frank.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: pawn raider ]

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: pawn raider ]

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Pastor Larry,
    Does The End Times and Victorious Living give a source for their claim?

Frank.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article was written by Riplinger herself.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

7. pawn raider

pawn raider Member

Take it for what you will but I think Riplinger herself would deny being "inspired" to write her books but was instead led to do so.

Frank. [​IMG]

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Take it for what you will but I think Riplinger herself would deny being "inspired" to write her books but was instead led to do so.

Frank. [​IMG]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is always amazing to me that when people are presented with facts that contradicts what they want to believe they just disregard it. How can you do that? You can read her words and see what she is saying. Then you deny that she is telling the truth. If she is not telling you the truth in this article, then why do you think she is telling the truth in her book? (I'll let you in on a little secret -- She is not telling the truth in either.)

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Frank. [​IMG]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course she would deny it! But, what does such a denial have to do with the truth?

I have read several excerpts from "New Age Bible Versions" and have seen a tape, "The Sword Slays the Dragon."

The tape was made of her "testimony" in a church in Winston-Salem, NC. What she in fact spoke was not a testimony but a 45 minute to an hour sermon. I can only imagine how this church would react if a "liberal" church in the area had a female evangelist to speak on Bible theology. She was introduced as an authority on the issue with a high education from Kent State U....of course they didn't mention that her education was in Home Economics rather than a subject pertinent to Bible study or history. She had an opportunity to correct this oversight while recounting a "touching" story of how she helped confused kids who could not find comfort in their modern versions. She acted as if the scriptures she selected as "proof" of MV corruption were the only ones that could have helped these poor, struggling young people.

Her standard mode of operation is deception. I cannot personally say whether she is knowingly deceptive or if she actually believes her own lies. What I can say is that she is misinforming people on this issue thus causing harm to those people specifically and the church in general.

10. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Thomas Cassidy said, "As opposed to another obnoxious, holier than thou NON KJVer?"

All one must do is compile the posts on the numerous related threads and the pattern is true to form: MVers arguing their position factually and KJVonlyers name calling with weak or no scriptural argument. When their weak scriptural argument is successfully refuted, they think of another name to call us! :eek:

Stephen -- Bob Walker!

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: wellsjs ]

11. DocCas

DocCas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wellsjs:
    MVers arguing their position factually and KJVonlyers name calling with weak or no scriptural argument<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You obviously have not read most of the posts by Rockfort. Of course, you have to be fast, because when they contain vulgar language I usually delete them pretty quick. :D