1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 John 5v12

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I'm just living by Faith and trusting in the Lord brother, that's all. Plus, nothing mentioned in all the time I have been here (BB) or by anyone else has ever proved that there was a mistake in the translation.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You yourself said that what we have is the result of a copyist mistake. It is obvious that a mistake was made someplace, either that or it was a mistake to alter it in later editions. Note I do NOT THINK there was mistake in the translation, I think it was either by a copyist (like you think) or the printer. No one can prove if the translators made a mistake or not, I don't think they did, but we will never know since we don't have their copies.

We are all doing the same, living by Faith and trusting the Lord. Amen to that.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Its been (mostly) fun but we quickly approach the page 20 limit here.

I won't promise, but I don't think I will post again so no one can accuse me of using my powers to have the last word. I know no one would accuse me of that, but just in case :).

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Salamander, you would limit God to one particular set of words called the King James Version! Yet the particular words in different KJVs do not match. 1 John 5:12 is a great example of different words found in different versions called the KJV. If we were to accept your standard then, in order to be consistent, we would have to say one of the KJVs is not the perfectly preserved word of God because it has different words. It is shameful to hold the position you hold, Salamander, supporting the use of different words in the KJVs yet condemning the use of different words in other versions.

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Twisting and dancing seems to be the standard for those who claim both versions of 1 John 5:12 are without error, even thouh they are different. If I start twisting and dancing like that maybe I won't need cardiac rehab.

6. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Whether you have the last word or not, Roger, is irrelevant. The main thing is that you support truth despite the opposition of those who support a double standard and untruth.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Well, Brother, since you love to think like that you'll just have to remain mistaken.

You're arguing against my person due to some previous encounter with some one you're mistaking me for that person.

BTW, it is The King James Bible in the Authorized Version.

KJ "V" was introduce to pacify those who objected to its Superiority in translation.

By your estimation, as shamefully it yet remains, anytime anyone introduces any MSS that does not hold to, get this, the original MSS, due solely because there are no present day original MSS, you then would have NO perfect word of God and then bring forth an accusation against God Himself in that He is not able to perfectly preserve His word in letter or thought!

Your error, but if you wish to remain holding to error, be my guest.

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I wish I could find an emoticon of your strawman doing the Peppermint Twist. Or is that the Tin Man?

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The letter of the law killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.

You'd best research those words and try to better understand what the Lord meant when He inspired the Apostle Paul to give us those words.:praying:

10. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Good, so do I and we agree there are some. I know many that use the KJB exclusively that would fall under either heading.

Speak evil of no man, lest thou also being tempted fall into the devil's snare and are overcome by him at his will.

You would like everyone to believe I did, but I did no such thing. I simply made a general application to the general MV users as a whole. Learn what that means in English and translate it into Spanish.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I have never even thought any other of the KJB as to do nothing less than enhance the Greek and Hebrew into an understandable translation into English by holding to the MSS received by those very churches established by the Apostles. If that "limits" God, (somehow:rolleyes: ) then He is the one who set the limits.:praying:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And since my esteemed Brother Salamander has had the last four words and we are on page 20, now is a good time to put this thread to bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.