1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1% Tax Rate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by th1bill, Dec 8, 2011.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

With a flat tax and no death tax, the rich MUST get richer and will end up owing everything worth owning. We will all be slaves/serfs.

Slaves don't pay taxes. When Lincoln "freed" the slaves we all became slaves. Why do people use the phrase "slave wages?" It is a tacit admission that we are all slaves. The house slaves are better compensated than the field slaves. It has always been this way for 10,000 years.

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill,
    Iḿ sorry to see such a tactic coming from a person claiming to follow the Christ. You insertions are n9ot relevant and are purely for the sake of an argument! Slaves or not your insertion is inflammatory refuse! You are breaking every rule involved with discussion with this trash and you´re attempting make fools out of the LORD´s people. Discuss he subject or go away. (Get thee behind me Satan!)

3. billwald

billwald New Member

It was written as a pragmatic reply to post #13:

"I can certainly tell you one thing that's not fair...over 50% of tax filers pay no taxes at all. And that percentage is growing every year."

I think the intent of the statement was a slam at people making minimum wage who don't pay income tax and not referring to the rich people with loopholes.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    check this out

I do not take it as a slam - as I believe everyone, even those on govt give-a-way programs should pay some of their "income" to taxes.

As far as loopholes - anyone can take advantage of "loopholes"
    In fact, as you think about it, isn't the Earned Income Credit a loophole?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I hear this claim often that "50% of tax filers pay no taxes at all." But is that really true.

Consider:

A business must make a certain profit if they are to continue operating. A corporation must make a sufficient profit to operate the business and also to pay stockholders. A small company, partnership or individually operated, must also make sufficient profit to continue operation and provide their own income.

The taxes that a business pays of whatever type are an operating expense. If those taxes keep the business from making a necessary profit they are passed on to the consumer in the price of the product, otherwise the business will fail. Therefore, when all is said and done I believe the consumer pays all the taxes and that includes the 50%.

6. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said but be careful, intelligent thought will creep into any conversation when you speak like that!

#26 th1bill, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  7. billwald

billwald New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery

"Wage slavery refers to a situation where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate.[1][2] It is a negatively connoted term used to draw an analogy between slavery and wage labor, and to highlight similarities between owning and employing a person. The term 'wage slavery' has been used to criticize economic exploitation and social stratification, with the former seen primarily as unequal bargaining power between labor and capital (particularly when workers are paid comparatively low wages, e.g. in sweatshops),[3] and the latter as a lack of workers' self-management (which criticizes the job choices that an economy allows).[4][5][6] The criticism of social stratification covers a wider range of employment choices bound by the pressures of a hierarchical social environment (i.e. working for a wage not only under threat of starvation or poverty, but also of social stigma or status diminution).[7][8][9]"

8. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Bill,
    It lends nothing but fear and hate mongering to this conversation, Any man, woman or child that can read at a third grade level can see that I am a purchased soul by looking at my signature, anywhere across the WWW.

The very fact that a transaction to purchase me states that I belonged to somebody before the purchase. In this case I have been purchased from the clutches of Satan and adopted, with the purchase, into the Family of God. But!!! Just as my sons and daughters belonged to me, so do I to my LORD making me His slave. It is my duty to serve and to do all I do in and for His honor!

Stop picking stupid and pointless arguments and enter into the discussion!

#28 th1bill, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
  9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

This post is reported. Calling other posters Satan isn't okay.

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Isn't it ironic that the1bill is complaining that Billwald is being unchristian while referring to him as Satan.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am speaking of personal income tax only. Corporate taxes are entirely different matter.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were throwing out a strawman just to avoid the fact that so many individuals pay no income tax. As a matter of fact they get back from the true taxpayers about 70 billion a year more than they have deducted from their checks in the first place.

The EIT credit Salty refers to is nothing more than the nations largest welfare program flying under the radar as part of the tax code and not even discussed as part of the budget.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And out comes the old minumum wage strawman. Only about 2% of hourly workers in the US actually earn minimum wage. Many of them are young with no financial obligations at all. Taxwise, it's a negligible part of government income. Some of them actually do pay income taxes because they have no other financial responsibilities.

But people that make over $20,000 and have families, receive multiple government benefits , pay no taxes , and still get a tax "refund" on money they never paid in ,have a substantial effect on income tax receipts.

They really should have "some skin in the game". That would only be "fair".

#32 carpro, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My point is that corporate taxes may well become personal [consumer] income taxes when the corporate taxes are passed on in the cost of a product. Some corporate taxes [not income] may legitimately be claimed as an operating expense.

I suspect that the best way to tax corporations is to tax all profit that is not paid out in dividends. At the present time dividends may be double taxed. However, as I stated somewhere I believe dividends should be taxed at the same rate as earned [salary/wages] income. I believe the people who most often get the short end of the stick are those on salary/wages. The tax is paid before they get anything.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

$20K is pragmatically a slave wage for someone trying raise a family. Our owners have realized it is more economical to "free" their slaves and pay cash.

15. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul,
    Iḿ sorry that you have taken exception but I have a leader, Heś my LORD and He said the same thing to Peter once upon a time. And you see, there is a model for the behavior of a follower of God and away from that model is the influence of Satan and while I did not call Bill Satan, any more than Jesus did Peter but just as Peter was being used of Satan, so is BillWald here.

Christians do not steal, it is a sin to do so and our friend here is hijacking (stealing) a string (conversation) to prevent intelligent conversation on a subject that he seems to wish to disappear. And the net result, at this moment is that he has succeeded and he is not following the Christ, heś following Satan.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney.

Anyone that can't live off their $20,000 income and all the government freebies they get needs to give up one of their cell phones and learn how to manage money.

#36 carpro, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  17. billwald

billwald New Member

Depends upon local cost of living.

>Only about 2% of hourly workers in the US actually earn minimum wage.

How many earn less than $2 over minimum wage?

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Perhaps true, but family size, and where to live are choices just like getting an education for better wages is for most.

19. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BillWald,
    Unlike your, rather, unthinking defender that stated he has reported me I have not gone crying like a child because of you total, and I do mean complete, disrespect for the subject matter. I will do so if you continue to act like the Devil and continue to fail to begin your own string on the subject you wish to discuss but tell me, your claiming the name of Christ and as such you are admitting you state of slavery to Him so what does your posts, all of them, have to do with the claim made in the title of this string?

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is nothing I like better then a threat. What you are looking for is at the top right of my post. Get after it!