1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 10 Dangers of Theistic Evolution

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Danger of BioLogos
    Blurring the Line Between Creation and Evolution

Biblical Creation Vs. Evolution—Does It Really Matter?

Since it was founded in 2007, BioLogos has risen to international prominence as the leading advocate of theistic (“God-directed”) evolution. Its primary goal is to convince evangelical Christians to embrace evolution and an old earth, claiming that they have no impact on the gospel and can be harmonized with “the belief that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God.” How do their claims hold up under scrutiny?
    Theistic Evolution Undermines the Bible’s Authority

If God’s Word is “authoritative,” as BioLogos claims, it should be the foundation for understanding all truth. Jesus said to His heavenly Father, “Your Word is truth” (John 17:17), and He told His disciples that this truth would set them free (John 8:30–31). While the Bible never claims to be a scientific text, everything it says about living things and earth history is true.

The Bible is clear about our origins. Genesis 1–3 were written in a historical narrative style, like the rest of Genesis, depicting historical people and events. Moses later confirms that Genesis was a literal, historical account of God’s creation “in six days” (Exodus 20:11). Jesus Christ confirms that God made Adam and Eve “at the beginning of creation” (Mark 10:6). These passages exclude any possibility of evolution and an “old earth.”

Since evolution over millions of years contradicts the Bible’s history, BioLogos resolves this conflict by arguing that the early chapters of Genesis “are not meant to be interpreted as a step-by-step account of when or how God created the world.” The only way to reach this conclusion, however, is to ignore the basic rules of Bible interpretation (hermeneutics) and to reject the Bible’s supreme authority—inspired by the all-knowing God whose Word trumps humanity’s ever-changing ideas.

BioLogos gives priority to the claims of secular scientists. Their website says, “Overwhelming scientific evidence points to an old earth,” and “The data are clear that humans have been created through an evolutionary process and there was never a time when there was a single first couple.” But no evidence speaks for itself; all must be interpreted. By relying on fallible dating methods, which depend on unproven assumptions, rather than Scripture itself, BioLogos is guilty of exalting man’s fallible ideas above God’s Word.
    Theistic Evolution Degrades the Gospel

In their effort to reconcile evolution with the Bible, proponents of theistic evolution also wipe away the cosmic impact of the Curse and of Christ’s full redemptive work. Romans 8:22 makes it clear that the whole creation groans as a result of Adam’s sin. Acts 3:21 and Colossians 1:15–20 teach that when Christ, the Creator of all things, comes again He will restore all things. At that time, the Curse of Genesis 3 will be removed, and a glorious new heavens and earth will exist (Revelation 22:3).

The denial of a “first couple” similarly attacks the gospel. “Jesus and the apostle Paul clearly consider Adam and Eve to be historical,” explains theologian Cal Beisner. “Paul makes our whole understanding of the relationship between the redeemed and Christ contingent on Adam’s being a historical individual just as Christ is (Romans 5:12–19; 1 Corinthians 15:22, 15:46–49). Take away Adam as a historical person, and the whole understanding of the federal (covenantal) relationship between Christ and believers collapses—and with it the gospel of justification by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone because of the federal (covenantal) imputation of His righteousness to believers.”

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v6/n4/blurring-the-line

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Denial of Adam, Eve, and the Fall ultimately denies Jesus Christ, His sacrificial death, and His resurrection! And that is a fact!

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

And if it isn't debunked, then you must also believe that a builder can deliver the materials of a house to a vacant lot and wait for a tornado to come along and "build" the house.

Oddly, astronomer Fred Hoyle once used this analogy to attempt to prove bio-genesis, and is "mortified" that creation scientists have adapted it to disprove the same theory. He utterly fails to challenge their science, but instead disguises intellectual attacks behind effusive claims regarding their alleged fault of "preferring God's word over man's," the latter being, he claims, what makes up the Bible's content. Of course he never manages to explain what, then, constitutes "God's word."

The lengths evolutionists will go to cling to their fraudulent and discredited theory is nothing short of amazing.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    However, biologos is.

7. OldRegular

Is denying the reality of Adam and Eve a denial of Jesus Christ?

Matthew 19:3-6
    3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
    4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Notice that Jesus Christ is quoting Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Who has denied the reality of Adam and Eve?

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

How silly.

Who says we don't?

And why can't you see an hour hand on a clock move? Same reason.

I expect many folks on this forum have the same question about you Pastor Luke. All your responses/remarks are smart alecky![/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thanks, layman OR.

#89 Luke2427, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  10. quantumfaith

Thanks, layman OR.[/QUOTE]

It is always difficult to offer education and information to anyone who already "know it all".

11. OldRegular

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, layman OR.[/QUOTE]

It is always difficult to offer education and information to anyone who already "know it all".[/QUOTE]

Response by OldRegular

It appears that both you and Pastor Luke have difficulty with the "quote" feature.

But your observation is pertinent. Hopefully you and Pastor Luke will devote yourself to study of the only inerrant source on Creation and leave the speculation to infidels!

#91 OldRegular, Nov 14, 2013
  12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What's funny is that this is one of the most poorly quoted posts I have seen!

13. OldRegular

No! What is sad is you are too arrogant to recognize that both you and quantumfaith screwed up the quote feature; you first. Check posts 78, 89, and 90.

Your unmitigated arrogance belies your claim to be a pastor. You may stand before a congregation but that doesn't a pastor make, only God does that!

14. OldRegular

Please note I have corrected your incorrect use of the "quote" feature.

You and I have differed on certain issues over the years but we have managed to be civil. That is not the case with Luke. He is consistently uncivil to those who differ with him.

#94 OldRegular, Nov 14, 2013
  15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Thank you layman for this meaningful contribution to this conversation.

HAHAHAHA:laugh:

16. OldRegular

1 Timothy 3:1-7
    1. This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
    2. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
    3. Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
    4. One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
    5. (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
    6. Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
    7. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Luke
    Do you honestly believe you meet a single one of the above requirements for a pastor. According to your profile you began preaching 2 years after you were saved. You were a novice then and in my opinion you have not improved with age!

17. quantumfaith

I have NEVER been able to master the quote function. Guess my gift is with linear, quadratic and functions of several variables. :)

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, I do believe I meet them satisfactorily, Layman.

But I am not trying to pastor anyone on baptistboard.

If I were a soldier fighting for the US in Afghanistan I would not treat enemy combatants the same way I treat my parishioners. Different relationships, Layman.

A pastor pastors his congregation, fathers his children, fights and kills his country's enemies, etc, etc, etc, Layman.

At your age you think you'd had have learned by now how to distinguish among these things.

If I am a novice in my mid thirties and I understand more than you about these kinds of things, does that mean your age has not matured you any- that you've wasted these many years and know no more than a "novice"?

I expect more from laymen.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Reg. Just ignore Rick. He's still smarting from his little spanking of late.

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

How childish. And I have no idea what you are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.