1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 10 Misconceptions of the RCC

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is why Catholics as well as Orthodox use Theotokos. And your statement above shows how little you know what the pope or the Catholic Church encourages.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nope they are asserting that at the point of Conseption Jesus is divine as well as human as Mary cannot be more than a human being thus being the Mother of God within her who cannot be more than a human being was the eternal Word who created her.

That is not asserted by saying Mother of God. However, she is the Queen Mother if Jesus is to be the King.

Doesn't assert this at all. What the scriptures do say from Simeon the prophet is that she suffered because he suffered ("a sword shall also pierce you heart". Her suffering doesn't atone for our sin.

she prays for our salvation.

He certainly had a extreme devotion to her and viewed her as a mother for himself.

God used her to bring Christ into the world who (christ) saves us.

If I knew a perfect person who I could use as a role model I would.

None of those things elevate mary to divinity.

Where have I lied? I'm quoting you from post 279
    it is clear from this statement that it that Mary only bore within her womb the "human nature of Jesus Christ". This statements indicates that while Mary carried within her womb the human nature of Jesus it excludes the divine nature within her womb.

Let me ask you these two simple questions. 1. Is Jesus God? 2. Is Mary Jesus' mother? If both are true you get "Mother of God". Just like what Elizabeth says in Luke.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Thinkingstuff

All the stuff I said about Mary, except her divinity which is asserted when she is called the Mother of God, were taken from remarks by -RC Saints & popes so your denial of them is nonsensical.

That is the lie. I said nothing about what Mary bore within her womb. I said Mary was the mother of the human nature of Jesus Christ in post #278.
    Only in the mind of one who has been brainwashed by the pope and the Teaching Magisterium of Roman Catholicism

I believe that is called circular reasoning or "begging the question". Whatever, it is false and is blasphemous heresy.

Luke 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

The word "Lord" translates the Greek word "kurios" which means supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Mr. (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.

Some of the Greek scholars might explain this further but there is nothing here that says Mary is the mother of the divine nature of Jesus Christ. Making that claim implies that Mary is divine and it is apparently interpreted that way by most Roman Catholics.

This episode in Luke is the bulk of what Scripture teaches about Mary yet the Pope and Teaching Magisterium have exploded them so that the average Roman Catholic knows more about Mary than they do Jesus Christ. And Mary never saved anyone, not even herself!

Mary is simply the vessel through which God brought about the Incarnation. That is it, pure and simple. Nothing demonstrates this better than the following Scripture:

John 2:1-4
    1. And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
    2. And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
    3. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
    4. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We are past 30 pages.
    Time to close the thread. Please start a new one if you are so inclined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.