1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 27, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Allan

Allan Active Member

#2 Allan, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Thank you for posting that Revmitchell.

Those question epitomize most concisely the propaganda I was hearing in classes taken at Pensacola Junior College, North Carolina-Chapel Hill, and NC State at Raleigh! One could be a student and a 'silent' Christian in class and hear enough of this propaganda or speak out and become a focus and target. Either way, it was a new experience for me when I first came up against these kind of arguments..... and though I knew they were damnable lies from the pit of hell... I still found myself unprepared in instruction or comparable knowledge to debate and wrestle with the enemy:

Many a time I went through a restless night after having struggled....not with just the accademics but also with the Word, seeking answers and feeling myself divided. I'm not as smart and quick as I was then....and not too smart back then.....nor do I remember every thing which brought me to the assurance that I have now.... but now it bothers me little if someone calls me names like 'delusional' because they don't know my Jesus. Spiritually I know that they are of their father and I am of mine.... and I know my Father wins in the end........ and, sadly, they will lose if they persist in their choice of blindness.

As I listened to that video, I felt thankful for the Holy Spirit's prompting me with answers like...... sin in the garden; the potter has power over the clay; governments are human institutions and therefore doomed to express man's sinful nature: Jesus lives: God established laws for justice to lead a chosen people: he knew beforehand there would be institutions among men like slavery, and through these is the witness of bondage to sin....but he set forth his law to show forth his justice, his mercy, and his salvation through such weak institutions....if man would only follow and obey him.

While it mentions science, and the Bible is not considered to be a 'scientific book' still I remember somewhere in the scriptures..... Psalms or Job perhaps, where mention is made of music from a constellation.....that is science: Where it mentions something about the stars in the veil or garment.... describing the glory of God in the heavens.... and how in recent years space exploration and radio receivers are confirming that sound waves do travel cross what was thought to be a vacumm, and that space is not empty as was commonly supposed.... but is knitted together as in a fabric controlling arrangement and order.

Then the specific prophecies from the return from Babelonium captivitivity to the building of the wall and the rebuilding of the temple and then its destruction... associated with the advent: and the recent prophecies of the return of the disporia...... even to the resurrection of a language.....Hebrew..... which had long been dead. The amputee?...... God can do anything he wishes..... and amphibians will regrow limbs or appendages to prove it..... but the miracle for man is that God may give him the courage, faith, and ability to play a guitar with his feet when man looses his hands: The miracle is that God continues to give hope when the world would say there is none.... and God values the unworthy creature and can make us worthy! So I guess my memory may be imperfect.... I make mistakes...... but it doesn't matter....even to be counted 'delusional' because, in the end, no opinion will stand....only the truth and God is true!

Thankyou again..... for initially, I'll admit I felt distress when seeing this video this morning, but now I feel encouraged.

#3 windcatcher, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

The commentator continues to call upon Christians to use, logic, reason, and intelligence to participate in this exercise, all the while exhibiting his own foolishness. Must be an atheist.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

AMEN!:thumbs:

And when the world puts us on a roller coaster ride.... the faithful grab hold of God and his Word and then hangs on for 'dear life'.

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Umm..the guy is a moron. Nuff said. Seen this before. Yes, he is an atheist. And has a very annoying voice.

8. mparkerfd20

mparkerfd20 Member

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

10. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although his questions come from a carnal mindset I do believe he raised one reasonable question:

1. Why does God not heal amputees if he heals all other types of disease or illnesses?

12. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought the rebuttal was relatively good. But his explanation of a strawman didn't work very well.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

When he failed at the explanation of the straw man I quit watching it.

14. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 1. Why doesn’t God heal amputees?

A: An invalid question. It assumes or asserts that God does not heal amputees. Prove it.

15. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 2. Why Are There So Many Starving People in our World?

A: Sin.

16. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 3. Why Does God Demand The Death Of So Many Innocent People In The Bible?

A: Invalid question. It assumes that those people were innocent.

17. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 4. Why does the bible contain some much Anti-Scientific Nonsense?

A: Invalid question. It assumes the Biblical accounts are not accurate. It takes a faith that is truly blind to believe that life came by chance from lifeless minerals.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever seen or heard of an amputee being completely restored?

19. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 5. Why is God a Big Proponet of slavery in the Bible?

A: What is meant by "proponent"? Regardless, 1) People on the bottom of any economy are slaves - the only thing that changes is how slavery is regulated; 2) one of the best ways to rescue people from the starvation that God haters like to blame Him for is to place them in institutionalized productive labor, an economic reality, like it or not; 3) the regulated slavery of the OT stood in stark contrast to the brutal slavery of pagan nations. The following three classes of people were subject to slavery in the OT:
    1. Fellow Jews, through debt, but were to be released in the sabbatical year.
    2. People subjected under terms of surrender.
    3. People that voluntarily subjected themselves. This was common and could be a very lucrative career choice. Check out Saul's servant Ziba.

20. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 6. Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen To good People?

A: It is an assumption that people are good. But besides that, shouldn't I assume that you are going to give God the credit for the good things if you are going to give Him the blame for the bad things? Also, if I showed you how many times God has turned bad things into greater good things would it change your view of the purposeless of "bad things", Mr. atheist?