1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 1000 Year Reign: Mormon Style

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You're right...my bad. Zaac has played his false-god worshipper Romney shtick so often that I assumed it to be political by default.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. The Millennial Reign is post 7 year tribulation and the revealing of the Anti-Christ.

As the Holy Spirit has not stepped aside and stopped restraining and the Anti-Christ has not come into power and made himself known, we are NOT yet in the Millennial Reign.

ktn4eg, that was interesting. Really shed some light on where the notion originates. A professor of mine once said if you really want to understand why something is considered a cult, look at its origins and see how they manifest their own version of God.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Actually there is a doctrine about Missouri in Mormonism: "After the Great Wrath, Christ Himself shall return, appearing first in a Mormon Temple in Independence, Missouri on a plot of ground designated by Joseph Smith for this purpose."

and...

"Although Christ will also appear in Jerusalem to organize the repentant and worshipful Jews into the Millennial Kingdom, the real seat of world government will be the New Jerusalem in Missouri."

This information can be found in "Chief Apostle Orson Hyde's Journal of Discourses, VII, 48-53."

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is that for real?:eek:

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Looking back over some of what few notes I had on Smith, I think I may have given the impression that Joey Smith was lynched right there in Nauvoo, IL.

Actually, I think it may be more techically accurate to say that Smith was "rescued" (i.e., "forcibly kidnapped" might be a more truthful description!) from the county jail in Nauvoo and spirited out of the county clink to just across the county line to another little cross-roads backwater community called Cambridge---only to be strung up and subsequently lynched there by a bunch of renegades [as the local authorities there stood idly by, mind you :smilewinkgrin:]!! ........................Maybe that's where those script writers for the old "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show got the idea for some of that show's plots!! :thumbsup:

What really strikes me as strange is how very similiar in a few ways that old-line Mormonism closely mirrors some things we also see in historic Islam:

1) Both claim to have their earthly origin as a result of messages from a supposed "heavenly" angel. (See Galatians 1:8!!)

2) Both claimed to have received many of their "divine" revelations from writings on stones and/or scraps of writing material.

3) Both Muhammed and Joseph Smith were shunned by their respective home communities and forced to seek refuge elsewhere.

4) Both held to the idea that a man could legitmately have multiple wives.

5) Both had major divisions that resulted from differing opinions over which leader was the "ultimate" source of authority here on earth.

6) Both seek to present to the world that their's is the ONLY true way to have any kind of existence after death.

There may be more than those that I've mentioned, but then, "there is 'something' to the number six, isn't there"??!!?? :tear:

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Which one? The Apostle John tells there are many antiChrists!

Your perception of eschatology rivals your political acumen for confusion!

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He speaks of many anti-Christs. There is but ONE Anti-Christ, man of Perdition.

You're as confused about my eschatology as you are about the difference between anti-Christ and Anti-Christ.

8. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Yep, the discourse is an actual document...as to "how many" Mormons believe it, I couldn't tell you, but it is a lesser known part of their doctrine.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I guess they probably know that if mainstream America heard some of this stuff, they'd realize just how far removed from Christianity they really are.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whereas if mainstream America heard about people vanishing in the rapture, 144,000 male Jewish virgin evangelists, giant insects with scorpion tails stinging people, two witnesses in Jerusalem preaching for months, being murdered and then being resurrected, they'd gladly accept that too?

Mormonism is not orthodox Christianity. I think most Americans know this.

11. OldRegular

Where in Scripture does it call the "man of perdition" the anti-Christ or the Anti-Christ?

Answer the above question and we will see who is confused about eschatology and the anti-Christ or the Anti-Christ!

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Scripture refers to him as the son of perdition.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2 Thess. 2:3

13. OldRegular

I did not see anything that said this person was the sooper dooper Anti-Christ or even a plain old anti-Christ!

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Totally wrong. He is referred to as the beast in Revelation, and several different references in Daniel. Are you Biblically challanged?

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christ also called Judas Iscariot the son of perdition in John 17:12.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man hush. You've taken to being contrary just to be contrary. The reference is to the Anti-Christ and people of discernment who don't have an axe to grind about everything recognize that it is the Anti-Christ. That in no way conflicts with the Beast.

#36 Zaac, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Read it in the context of the whole of Scripture and it's CLEAR that it's the Anti-Christ, the man of lawlessness, the abomination that desolates, the man of sin, and yes, the Beast.

They are all the same.

18. OldRegular

I have seen absolute no evidence that you read Scripture with discernment or for that matter anything else!

19. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back to the OP instead of an argument about eschatology.

Zaac - you seem to know something about mormons. Are you involved in ministry with them? Do you witness to the "missionaries" when and if they come by your home?

Just thinking that with all the threads about them, that you are sharpening your knowledge so you can talk to them about the true God. Maybe that's where God is leading you as you learn about them.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is against BB rules to tell someone to shut up or hush. If it were allowed, you would have been shut up six months ago.