1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

106,400 and counting...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pennsylvania Jim, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right PA Jim. How dare we impose our view on the Nazis? The European Jews were their "own problem". They made a decision on a "final solution" to that problem. Who were we to interfere? The law of Germany made it legal.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I agree with Scott & PA Jim. However, when we turn the tables, and the topic becomes slavery, then what was our response? Jefferson, who was personally in favor of abolishing slavery, said that abolition would have to wait until a future date, and that, at the time, slavery was a "necessary evil". Food for thought.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope that the resolution of abortion doesn't have the costs of the resolution of slavery.... Of course, the lives lost would still be less than 5% of the lives lost through abortion.

The best I can tell is that the continuation of slavery was a compromise to bring southern Tories into the fold. I can't say that there is anything ever good about using someone else's rights as a negotiating chip.