1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

15% poverty rate?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loveday

Loveday New Member

Well, I was going to post something that I thought might be a meaningful contribution to this thread, but as so often seems to happen around here, it's already degenerated to the point where it's really not worth the effort. :tonofbricks:

2. mets65

mets65 New Member

You could live on 21,000 a year like a king in some countries. But with all the things we are accustomed to here you couldn't live the "normal" life. I know I couldn't. Maybe if I lived in an apartment and had no auto loans. I don't have a lot of vices but the basic ones I do have, such as TV, this internet, going out to dinner, etc. Those things add up quick. You get accustomed to living life a certain way and it takes a certain income to keep that up. If I had to go to 21,000 a year now, it would be very difficult, but if I were already used to living a certain way then it would be life as normal. It really is relative and how one was raised and how one wants to live their life. I know there are people that if they had to live based off our household income it would be very difficult for them.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

No, my reference was supposed to be tounge in cheek to his question of
    It was supposed to be humor, but that does not always translate well here. Oh well.

#43 North Carolina Tentmaker, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I apologize for my inappropriate PM's to Targus and Carpro. I was not having a good morning and I reacted in frustration.

I sometimes just get tired of the continual remarks made toward those some here consider "liberal." Instead of saying something in a cloaked manner, when I am upset I tend to be very frank in my responses. Again, I apologize.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It would not be too difficult for me to live on $21,000 a year personally, if it were not for the cost of my medication. This would make it almost impossible!

6. targus

targus New Member

Apology accepted. :saint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.