1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1611 KJV only and anger

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by beameup, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am not a crybaby or a complainer. I expect treatment like this. I believe another evidence that the KJB is the word of God is the many who hate it, and hate those that believe in it. Jesus said we should not be surprised that the world hates us, as they hated him first.

And no, I am not trying to portray myself a martyr or victim, have I complained? Have I made a big issue over many folks here calling KJOs heretics? No.

I can handle it no problem.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are incorrect. Action was taken.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

If you had written what you did about being called a heretic in answer to a post from a person who had done so, that might have made some sense. However, you wrote, "But don't call me a heretic because I believe the KJB is the only accurate version in English," in your answer to a post from C4K, who, as you agree, has not called you a heretic.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Who in this discussion forum hates the KJV or those who believe in it? To compare disagreement over the KJV with the hatred against himself that Jesus talks about seems like quite a stretch.

Stating those things is against board rules and will be dealt with. Of course, we need posters' help in reporting posts to do so.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Advance notice - this thread will be closed when it reaches page 20.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

I took it for granted that C4K would understand I was referring to those who call KJO heretical.

Look, I don't care if some feel this way, they are entitled to their view. I don't think every little statement that could be considered offensive should be censored. Ever watch a sports game where the referees are overly aggressive and call too many fouls? It ruins the game. I say let the boys play, it may get a little rough, but that makes for a great game.

All I'm saying about those who are KJO is that there is legitimate reasons for their view. If a KJO says something negative about Wescott and Hort, that is legitimate, those fellows were into spiritualism and other non-Christian activities. These are FACTS, and should be taken into consideration when evaluating the CT and their interpretations. This is not a slander, they are facts.

There are some goofy KJOs out there, this is a fact. I don't mind folks pointing that out, it is the truth. But the vast majority of KJOs are very reasonable and well informed folks who believe in the KJB for very legitimate reasons.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman,I have posts 171-175 that you have not responded to.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No,you are dead wrong. It is slander and facts are not your strong suit Winman.

That has not my experience from KJVO folks on the BB and in-person. I have never met a reasonable and well-informed KJVO person. If one was reasonable and well-informed they would give up their KJVO stance like a hot potato.

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I've not met any reasonable KJVOnlys. Most of their ammo comes from the likes of Riplinger, other absurd KJVOnlyisms, "numbering and mathematical" tampering, and "text and tantrum" type preachers. I'm starting to believe they are also UFO'ers too. What will we do if they see a UFO that has "1611" stamped on its underside? They'll take it as a sign, believe me!

It would be a shame if this thread were closed at page #20! :)

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Oh, we get it, all right.

By faith, your sword is just as bright, shiny and sharp as our swords are.

So why don't we just get busy USING them instead of wasting time arguing about them?

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Close enough to page 20 for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.