1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

175 Versions?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Baptist4life, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yet another commonly repeated KJVOism hypocrisy: In order to understand scripture, you must be expected to understand the context of the KJV's Elizabethan Middle English. But it's not reasonable to expect people to understand the context of the Hebrew/Greek.

2. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I would say in order to understand English you should attend elementary school at least till the fifth grade. I think i did that. :)

3. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Oh? I expect most already understand the KJV while you expect others to jump through the hoops of intellectual reasoning in your school of thought to know what the Bible says.:laugh:

Classic!

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Most already understand the NIV, NASB, and NKJV, but you expect others to jump through KJVO hoops of reasoning, where intellect is absent.

5. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

:thumbs::wavey::type:

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yet HG would have us believe that a fifth grader can read the KJV, but not any other English translation. Yet he himself has demonstrated an ability to understand the English of the KJV.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed again.

Why must members respond to provocation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.