1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1Co 7:7

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by iasusxrist, Aug 24, 2009.

1. iasusxrist

iasusxrist Guest

1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Mat 19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

Much shorter than my last topic: To whom is it given, how do we determine our lot given us in life - how do we "know" if we should marry or not?

Thanks.

2. Lux et veritas

Lux et veritas New Member

Personally, I think if you are NOT to marry, you would know it. Marriage was instituted by God at creation. Men and women are commanded to be married. NOT to marry is 'against the norm'. If that is God's will for a person, that will be 'given' to them from God. We have a lady in our church who has never married. She is not pining for a husband, but simply serves the Lord in her job and is quite content with her position in life. I think she has been given that by the Lord.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just my opinion. Paul encourages us to be content with whever we are in life
    As for marriage he says
    Or in other words if you're single be content with that but if you have a need to be married then get married. There are men and women who have no interest in marriage and that is ok. There are others who really need to be married. That is ok to. But the key is content wherever you find yourself.