1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1st experience with a prominant word of faith teacher

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alive in Christ, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

1st of all, I am posting this here after inadvertantly posting it on the wrong board. So, I want to ask the moderator here to please DELETE the post over on the "General Baptist" board. This is where it should have been posted.

Here is the post...

#1 Alive in Christ, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I wonder what these hucksters are thinking when spewing their false teachings. It is pretty obvious they are in it for the money so are they truly hoping anyone is genuinely saved at one of there meetings or are they just interested in the loot they can carry away?

3. Alive in Christ

Well, I cant judge anyones heart, but I wouldnt be suprised if these guye are just in it for the easy money.

But I could be wrong.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I feel bad when a Word of Faith speaker tells something false and a person is watching and believes the falseness, but I am so glad when someone tunes in and hears something biblical. Even if the preacher is only after the money, for Paul says, “But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, Philippians 1:18.

Again, though, sad to hear when falseness is preached.

5. Alive in Christ

I agree with you. I am sure that lots of people have inocently been born of the Spirit through these guys, but sooo many are decieved.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

> I am sure that lots of people have inocently been born of the Spirit through these guys, but sooo many are decieved.

SAY AGAIN? The RCC and some other Christian denominations teach that the validity of the sacraments does not depend upon the spiritual state of the person officiating.

But Baptists don't "believe in" the existence of sacraments so I don't understand how, in what terms, this matter can be discussed. Say a Mormon elder should come to a person's door and gives a standard legit Christian sales pitch about believing that Jesus was raised from the dead for his sins. This person doesn't know anything about the Christian or Mormon religions. The person "believes" and "invites Jesus. . . ." Would God recognize the person's conversion?