1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Peter 21

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Cody2, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hbr 6:9¶But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Must not going to be any more of them, if there ever was?

2. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Since you brought up Galatians:

From Gal. 5:

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Sounds pretty serious to me.

Les

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Brother Les;
    This is what I been trying to say since I been on BB, that Paul and others were going through a time of transition from the Law Covenant to the Grace Covenant, and they had among them several who still tried to live under the Law, of which they could fall, for they were not kept by the "indwelling of the Holy Ghost". The scripture you quoted were to those who still wanted to practice the ordinances of the Law. It was not the moral law that caused any problems.
    The scripture we are discussing if it were possible, they had tasted of the good fruits of the Lord and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, which I take to be the Grace Covenant.

Gal. 5: Continues on, to let us know Paul was talking to those under the Grace and if they practice the ordinances of the Law, they were not under the Grace or Jesus Christ, but were still in need of a Saviour.

18: But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

BBob,

#43 Brother Bob, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  4. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Bro. Bob,

I think we are in agreement on this, if I understand you correctly.

This is also what they were warned about in Hebrews, and probably something similar is what Peter was referring to in 2nd Peter 2.

Les

#44 lbaker, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007