1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Thess. 2:13

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Isaiah40:28, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

Webdog,
    we are trying to ascertain from you "why we are chosen", if you don't believe in unconditional election nor "foreseen faith".
    You insist on saying that our salvation answers "why we are chosen".

It doesn't.

I just went over this with Allan in the "who did Jesus die for part 2" thread.
    They are not reasons for our "chosenness". They are the means by which God accomplishes His choosing or His election.

Reasons are not means.

God chose you to be saved(that's His election) through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth(those are His means).
    The reasons(or "why") for our salvation is rooted in His choice(His election).

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Different choosings, different reasons. I don't deny unconditional election (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc.), but I do deny unconditional election as it pertains to salvation, because the requirements are given very clearly.
    As I have already pointed out, the "for" and "through" cannot be separated as you did above. We are chosen for salvation...how?...through sanctification...and faith in the truth.