1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 20 Reasons I Don’t Take Potshots at Fundamentalists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 2, 2016.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, it has been my experience that "liberty" can become just the as big of bondage as "laws" can be. So when I started going to a IFBC it was such a relief to me. And guess what they didn't care if I was wearing jeans to church as I did sometimes in the winter. And Ironically out of all the churches I had been to they handled divorced people the best.

• Like Like x 1
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the quote. As I see it Shoemaker was not here inventing a new term as did Ockenga, but simply using an adjective. But I'm willing to let the two of them fight it out in Heaven (assuming they are both there).;) At any rate, to my knowledge Shoemaker did not start a movement. Also, just from that sentence in the article, he did not mean the same thing Ockenga, Henry, Graham and the others did. Their major focus was not science but social action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of curiosity, and I don't want to get this conversation sidetracked, but does anybody in California wear suits anymore?

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes they are good people indeed. Their flaws should not be the focus as I tend to focus on them, but their strengths.