1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2008 Presidential election polls

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The real question is:

Why is it even close?

With all the baggage McCain carries, why is Obama not running away with this one?

I believe the democrats selected a very weak candidate to carry their trash, uh....standard.

#41 carpro, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll find out on November 4. As long as Senator Obama gets at least 270 electoral votes I will be quite satisfied. I don't need a blow out to be satisfied.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Don't forget Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

McCain has Colorado

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

When did that happen? I don't see any polls saying that.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Merged into the polls thread

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I take that back, looks like the Fox poll has him ahead in Colorado. Fox, that liberal station would do that...

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Colorado surprises me some, but there are a lot of eco-liberals in Colorado. Right now Electoral-vote.com has Colorado for Obama by 1 (48% to 47%) Nevada for McCain by 2 (48% to 46%) and New Mexico for McCain by 2 (49% to 47%) All three are close.

Changes in the polls today have Obama loosing ground in Pennslyvania and gaining ground in Virginia which both show as ties. That leaves McCain with a 10 point electoral lead, but with 34 votes up for grabs.

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

At least we can agree that Fox is liberal. Perhaps not as far left as PBS or NBC but definitely left of center.

The truth is all media outlets have bias, hey I have bias too. The difference is I admit my bias. Anybody who claims to be unbiased is lying.

BTW, Rasmussen poll from Sept 14th has McCain leading in Colorado 48% to 46%.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yep, Palin came through yesterday and now there are Palin signs everywhere you look. What's strange, most don't have McCain name on them...

11. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Actually, Iowa went for Clinton twice (quite decidedly too) and for Gore in '00 (barely). It barely went for W. in '04. Iowa is similar to Minnesota and Wisconsin in its politics, although not quite as left-leaning as them.

12. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those of us who live through Colorado politics yearly know that GENERALLY the Eastern slope is liberal and the Western slope is conservative. Western slope is more rural - that's where I live.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Seems to me the Denver Metro area is the only part of the state that Liberal. The rest of the state is conservative. Unfortunately, I don't think the population in the rest of the state matches the population in Denver Metro. So with the conservatives here in the city and those in the rest of the state it makes a fairly even race each year. Conservatives win but usually by narrow margins. Clinton won in 92.

By the way, when I was in the service I spent a lot of time at the National Guard Armories down in the Durango Cortez area. I was in Grand Junction a lot also. Loved 4 corners and the reservations.

14. North Carolina Tentmaker

Lots of new polls in today: Current tally is Obama 243, McCain 274 with Pennsylvania and their 21 votes up for grabs.

[​IMG]

Virginia is back in the red by 2 points.

Colorado went from blue to red and New Mexico went from red to blue.

Pennsylvania is still a dead tie. Michigan a 3 point blue lead, Wisconsin is 2 points and Minnesota is 1.

The McCain lead is only 2 points in Virginia, Indiana, and Nevada with only a 1 point lead in Colorado.

Wow, what an election.

15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NC, thanks for posting this as often as you do. Interesting to follow.

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

McCain leading Indiana only by 2 points really surprises me. Usually Indiana is solid red (it went 60-40 for Bush in '04). I've heard that Virginia has experienced demographic shifts that have moved it from red to purple. Has the same thing happened to Indiana? What is going on there that we see a 10+ point shift from '04 to '08?

17. North Carolina Tentmaker

I could not tell you for sure. I have family in southern Indiana and they seem to feel the southern half of the state is dark red. But there is some Chicago roll over in the north west. Those suburbs are usually pretty red but Obama is going to get a strong Chicago bump. Look at his lead in Illinois.

18. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

NCT... I noticed you've gotten behind by a couple of days, let me give you a hand...

No problem Buddy, I'm sure you're just busy... :thumbs:

20. grace56

grace56 New Member

How can a person who call themselves a Christian vote for a person that is in favor of abortions? I can understand non Christians voting for Obama but not born again believers.

My heart is heavy for this former Christian country.

grace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.