1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2008 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by PreachingTruth, May 8, 2007.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Yes, it does, doesn't it.:thumbs:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And this is rellevent in what way? I help others when I see others in need as I am able.

Well, there is no first or last in the eyes of Christ. Anywhere there are needs is where we should focus. One person nor one country can take care of every need. We should do the best we can as the Lord reveals the needs to us.

But remember, the President is just one voice. He has to deal with Congress :tonofbricks:

God Bless!

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Personally, I should not, nor do I.

I have one vote and one voice, as do you. You say spend it this way and I say spend it another. We cast our votes and the majority wins. I try to persuade folks to my opiniion and you try to persuade them to yours. This is not dictating. We are a representative government. I don't like were some of my tax dollars go and you don't like were some of your's goes. This is why we debate and persuade. It's not dictating. It's democracy.

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steaver asked3) Why should you be dictating how my money is spent?
    Goverments job is to procted me from others ( ie military, police, fire ect)

and for the common good (ie roads, FCC,FAA, ect)

Goverments job is NOT to protect you from yourself (ie welfare, ect)

If someone, or an organizations wants to give money to the poor, thats fine, beacuse, it is there money. However, if I help somone, I want to know it is going to good use. eg are they using the money to buy booze

Salty

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that the U.S. constitution is to place limits on what the majority can have the federal Leviathan do.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, and that is where the Court comes in and settles matters that raise constitutional concerns. As far as moneys being spent, that generally ends with the Congress and them doing what their voters ask them to do.

God Bless!

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and the U.S. Supreme Court has a bad habit of making bad rulings, such as Roe v. Wade, that are not supported by the U.S. constitution.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen brother!

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not anymore. After his riddiculus comments in the lastest debate he is finished. :tear: He cannot recover from this.

God Bless!

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

If he does not win, it will not be because of comments he made during a debate. He was spot on with his comments, and they weren't his comments per sec, he was just talking about what the CIA and the 9-11 report have been talking about for a while now.

If he is not elected, it will be because the American people do not want an honest person in office that will tell them like it is, even if it's something most will not want to listen to, or even understand. That is the truely sad part of this all. People would rather have a McCain, Romney or Giuliani than someone that has a proven record and has proved that he won't bow to special interest and he is really one that will look out for this country.

Jamie