1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2016 missions trips

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by grits4jesusfl, Feb 19, 2016.

1. grits4jesusfl

grits4jesusfl New Member

Is anyone going on a missions trip this summer? If so where?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

2. FrigidDev

FrigidDev Member

Yep, China.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One friend is off to the Mideast - country name not disclosed. Another one is off to Brazil.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I hear about Americans going on a mission trip I always think of what a Russian pastor said to me when I was at the Moscow Theological Seminary cataloging their English language books. He said;

"My church has just about recovered from the last mission group form America. They keep coming here trying to solve problems we do not have."

Prepare your goups well. Teach them about the culture they are going to be working in and make them sensitive to which might pass innocently here but be an insult there. Develop a reading list that all in the group are to read to become informed about the culture and the country they are going to visit.

Pray for wisdom.

Oh, and our church will go on its annual mission trip to WV where they will hold VBS as well as work on house repair and construction projects.