1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

25 Easy Ways to Curb the Annoying Problem of Church Growth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, May 19, 2008.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Who knows? It may just be a case of routine...in another church we were asked to move once because we were sitting in a pew designated for a particular group :rolleyes:

2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

When my wife and I were searching for a new church we visited a big baptist church in our town, we sat down about 10 minutes before the service was to start and in a couple of minutes, after a few "welcomes" and handshakes, a little lady came in an told us we were in her seat. We never went back. I won't say it was entirely because of that incident, but I do remember thinking, "Wherever I end up, I'll never try to claim a seat." We later had a chuckle out of it about how sweet that little old lady was ,but she fit the stereotypical "you got my seat, little old baptist lady" congregant. BTW, I always wait until everyone is seated before I even look to sit down now. A few times I have even had to go get a chair from a classroom and sit in the back, of which, I am happy to do to make someone more comfortable. I don't want to be the reason someone comes to visit my church and never comes back.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I'm afraid that the rebel in my would be unwilling to move. The reason that this type of mess goes on is because no one will stand up and say this is wrong. After all who wants to hurt the feelings of a little old lady?

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

The advantage of my church is that a lot of people tend to turn up in the last 5 mins before it starts, which means people tend to be seated in different places every week. There's no pattern at all, apart from the people doing specific jobs which require them to sit at the front or back.

If people can't get used to sitting in a different seat, they are not going to respond when God calls them to move to a different area or even a different church.