1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd in command democrat wants to freeze military pay

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Nov 30, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They'd just laugh at him. Of all the military services, the Marines would have less "dead weight" than any of the others. That is the main reason there is still a Corps.

Many politicians , over time, have tried to have them disbanded. To no effect. The Marine Corps is unique among the armed services and the men and women that earn the title of Marine are unique as well.

When maximum firepower, a can do attitude, and fighting skill are needed on the ground ASAP, the Marines answer the call.

RS would have them rolling in laughter. "Dead weight", indeed.:laugh:

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

He would soil himself...

3. targus

targus New Member

When I read statements like the ones that Snow is making here - I wonder what is it in their personal background that makes them feel that they have the standing to make such judgements of others.

Is it his impressive personal success in a particular field?

Is it due to a vastly superior eductation?

Is it due to the feeling of invincablity that comes with great personal wealth?

We know from the little that Snow has revealed about himself here on the board that none of the above remotely applies to his personal situation.

So I am left only to conclude that it is mostly likely due to the usual reason - feelings of insecurity and insignificance.

My advice Robert Snow is to go out and accomplish something that you can feel good about.

Then you won't feel that it is so important to make silly little disparaging remarks about people that you do not know from the safety that comes from hiding behind your computer screen.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

When this Dim suggests freezing his pay for the next ten years then maybe his suggestion about freezing military pay for two years could possibly have a shred of credibility. There would be even more credibility if he would suggest cutting his pay. Politicians, for the most part, are elitists who want us commoners to sacrifice while they enjoy the perks and ever increasing pay of their position.