1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 classes of People

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob...

This is all mans logic. It has no Bible backing at all. Election has nothing to do with our will..it has all to do with Gods plan and will. No matter how many times you say it..you will not find it in the Bible.

This has been shown many times to you, by many folks.

I'm off of here tonight. See you guys later this week.

#41 Jarthur001, Jul 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Acts, chapter 16
    "30": And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    "31": And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This is just one but there are many.
    After you believed then were you called and then were you predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, then were you justified, then were you Glorified of which is in the future but God has already seen it but we have not.
    Isn’t it wonderful is we will believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God what He will do for us. Lift us out of a dead state of sin and make us alive in Christ Jesus. Amen, I cannot hardly hold my peace.
    After you believed then were you called and then were you predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, then were you justified, then were you Glorified of which is in the future but God has already seen it but we have not.
    Talking about Jesus not us.
    Proves my point!
    Maybe I can explain now. If God knows when and how we are going to die then he according to us (man) He has foreknowledge of our death does He not, and that is because He sees all things right? Well our death has not happened, but God knows when and how that is going to happen.
    The same is true with our Salvation. He according to (man or time) had foreknowledge before the world began whether we would believe or not believe the same as he has foreknowledge of our death, to which you have already agreed. For the same reason He foreknows our death, He foreknew our belief or non-belief, and if it was belief in Jesus, He called us, predestinated us to be conformed to the image of His Son, justified us and glorified us even though that is in the future as far as man is concerned, for we have time but according to God who is timeless, He has already saw it. I hope this explains my belief better. Peace

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It has everything to do with the Bible. Amen,:flower:

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

'Tis not that I did choose Thee,
    For, Lord, that could not be;
    This heart would still refuse Thee,
    Hadst Thou not chosen me.

Thou from the sin that stained me
    Hast cleansed and set me free;
    Of old Thou hast ordained me,
    That I should live in Thee.

'Twas sovereign mercy called me
    And taught my opening mind;
    The world had else enthralled me,
    To heavenly glories blind.

My heart owns none before Thee,
    For Thy rich grace I thirst;
    This knowing: If I love Thee,
    Thou must have loved me first.

--Josiah Conder (1836)

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob,

You used this as a proof text...

Who sent Paul to town, where he ended in jail and why was he sent?

#45 Jarthur001, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob,
    One verse at a time..

Are these saved or unsaved?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We can take it One Scripture at a time if you like, if it will help you?
    This covers everyone doesn't it so among these is where the believers come from, I think you would agree on that unless it the believers come from aliens? It is saying that not many educated men, noble men are called.
    I said I believe in a calling. After ye believe, He calls you, He predestinates you to be conformed to the image of His Son, He justifies you and He glorifies you. To be Glorified is in the future and you haven't seen it yet but God according to time of man foreknows it for He does see you glorified. If He foreknows your death, why would you find it hard to believe He foreknew you "believing". I don't understand you believe one but not the other. Mystery to me?
    1 Corinthians, chapter 1

"22": For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

"23": But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

"24": But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

"25": Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

"26": For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

He was sent to the lost but he couldn't "believe" for them they had to do that on their own.

John, chapter 3

"16": For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#47 Brother Bob, Jul 17, 2006
  8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

You said a lot in your post. But I missed this...

Are they saved or unsaved?

9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob,

Again..who sent Paul?

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob,

I love God, and He loves me. But He loved me before I loved Him. :)

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

All election is based on condition that requirements are meant in order to be elected. For example, to be president of the US, you must be 35 and born and raised in the US. I cannot run for presidency...yet, because I'm 34, therefore, I cannot be elected. Someone who is 35 and born in Taiwan cannot be president for obvious reasons. God set the requirements of who can run for the "office of God's son" ("whoever believes..."). If we meet those requirements set forth by HIM, we are "in Christ", making our election sure.

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Ahh...so salvation is partly of man then?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

By meeting the requirements, did George Bush contribute to his election by the people of the US (not counting his one vote)? By having faith in Christ, I put my hat into the race! My election is a sure thing, though, unlike those who try to get to Heaven on their own merit.

#54 webdog, Jul 17, 2006
  15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

God being omnipresent and omnitemporal is not man's logic. It's man's logic in using and attaching the moniker "fore" and "pre" with God, as He is not bound by our time as we know it. These phrases are for us to TRY to get a glimpse of God's infinite wonder.

#55 webdog, Jul 17, 2006
  16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He was sent of God to preach the Gospel by God, the same as all the Apostles and now those who are called of God to Preach; They undoubtablely were the unsaved but among them were those who would believe and be saved or the trip would of been useless.

Mark, chapter 16
    "14": Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

"15": And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

"16": He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

This is the first sermon the Lord gave His Apostles after raising from the dead. Please take notice to those who believe.

John, chapter 3

"16": For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Thank God He loved us all, amen.

#56 Brother Bob, Jul 17, 2006
  17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I wanted to post this one..so that you will know I know about this. I pass it over for the moment, yet we will visit it tonight and have fun as I show you election from your own post.

:)

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Indeed, as "fore" noted by me. :)
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=814906&postcount=29

But you fail to see where this places you. This is supralapsarianism, if played out to the end. Would you care for me to show you?
    All I can say..welcome to Calvinisim. :)

For me..I think I believe more in infralapsarianism.

You should have have fun with this one..No? :)

In Christ...James

#58 Jarthur001, Jul 17, 2006
  19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob,

I see there is still a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for this, ...let me ask again.

This verse in quotes above..not the one in Acts...but the one in 1 Cor..the text of the OP...is it talking about the saved or unsaved?

In Christ..James

20. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Both...

1 Corinthians 1:23-24 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

I see TWO classes of people: Those who will believe and those who will not. They come from TWO classes of people: Jews and Greeks